Runners do odd things. People who absolutely love running do a lot of odd things and have odd things happen to them. If you can check most or all of these off, you know you're a diehard.
- You don't blink at a 5am wake up on long run days
- You always keep a pair of running shoes in your car, "just in case"
- When other people have big decisions they sleep on it, you run on it
- You've taken a runcation
- You have an action plan in case of dog attack
- You never run without TP and there's a story behind why
- Carb loading is your second favorite sport
- Any other exercise is considered cross-training
- You could stock a second-hand running shoe store singlehandedly
- You significant other has made you go for a run when you're cranky
- You have planned running routes of every distance you've ever run in every direction from your house
- You've mastered your running snot rocket
- You've run in triple digits or negative digits or both
- Never mind the duct tape, you're convinced kinesio tape can fix anything
- Your wardrobe is divided between running clothes and "other"
- You know exactly what to wear in any possible weather condition
- No matter how many pairs of running shoes you have, you always need one more
- You've used every one of these and then some
- Blisters and black toenails are a normal part of your feet
- You have favorite races
- You have asked a doctor "How long until I can run?"
- Chafing is your nemesis
- Your non running friends eyes gloss over when you start to tell running stories...and you don't care
- Finally, you know you're truly diehard if you've run until your nipples bled
I know there's gotta be more. Feel free to add them in the comments!
Published by Alethea