When I think of breakfast the thoughts that come to my mind are: Something sweet, something warm, something with fruit and somehing with nuts. Then I understand that I want an oatmeal (again!) or some chia porridge, but from time to time I like to experiment in the kitchen.
I love eating omelettes after training, but when I think of an omelette for breakfast, only salty and savory taste comes to my mind. So this morning I decided to give a break to my cereals and try something a little different.
I cooked myself a delicious sweet, fruity omelette for a change. This omelette is a perfect way to start the day on guys. It offers the ideal protein-carb combination, which is great for your muscle grow. It will also make you full, even until lunch time.
The preparation will take a little longer than preparing the usual omelette but trust you me, it is well worth the time. I recommend it as a yummy breakfast treat for the weekends. A perfect way to switch up a salty breakfast, and to feed your sweet cravings as well. My friends and even my boyfriend like the breakfast salty, it may be weird, but to me breakfast must be something sweet as well as the desserts and before training snacks. For all the other meals I don't even think about sweet taste anymore. For lunch, dinner and snacking after a workout I need savory or salty meals.
Ok Ana, who cares if you like to eat your breakfast sweet or salty...Give them the freaking recipe already
Let's break some eggs guys....
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Cooked quinoa
- 25g berries
- ½ apple, cut into pieces
- A little honey
- Nuts (almonds and walnuts)
1. Put the eggs into a small bowl and beat together with a fork.
2. Put the olive oil into an omelette pan and heat gently. When hot, add the egg mixture and cook for about 2 minutes until the base is cooked and browned.
3. Cook the omelette until the top is set and firm.
4. Add the cooked quinoa and the fruit onto one half of the omelette, then drizzle on the honey.
5. Flip the top of the omelette over the fruit and serve immediately
6. Add the apple on the side with some nuts and cinnamon on top.
Look at that deliciousness ! It is almost too beautiful to eat but I am sure that you will find a way, just as I did!
Published by Ana Najdovska