Inspired by Philippians 4:4-8
Living with a gentle spirit is not allowing our anxieties and worries to take over our lives. Anxieties and worries, bog us down, distort our vision and adversely affect our health and wellness. Be anxious about nothing, instead hand your worries and anxieties over to God, lay them at the foot of the cross. Let Him know you are thankful for all the wonderful gifts you have already received and ask for His gentle guidance for areas where you might need help.
If we focus on what is true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent or praiseworthy we will keep our mind off what is causing our anxiousness. Anxiousness and worry are circular so rather than staying in that revolving door it feels much better to pray about it, ask for help and hand it over to God, and trusting in Him completely. By handing over our requests and laying our worries and anxieties at the foot of the cross we are letting God know it is His will not ours and His speed not ours and relinquishing our control. Our gentle spirit can shine thru if we let go and let God!
Here are 7 helpful tips to let your gentleness be evident to others:
- Kindness – Be kind to yourself and to others.
- Patience – Be patient with yourself and with others. We are all on a journey, all of us at different stages and many of us on different paths.
- Selfless love – Love others without expecting anything back. Without an agenda and without ego. Selfless love is the best confidence booster!
- Prayer/Meditation – Have dedicated time morning and night for meditation and prayer. Start with 3-5 mins and build up to whatever time you need. Remember it is a two way conversation so remember to listen for His gentle guidance.
- Journal – Have dedicated time to journal every day, I prefer before bed and I like to focus on what I am grateful for and what was praiseworthy that day. It helps clear the mind and aids in a peaceful sleep.
- Exercise – Get active, go for a walk, practice yoga, dance around your house – MOVE and feel the groove and shake those worries away.
- Personal enjoyment – Find what resonates with you. Maybe it is reading a good book, cooking, listening to music, enjoying a bubble bath, whatever brings you joy and helps you relax, make time for those pleasures in your life.
When our attention is on thankfulness and the goodness that surrounds us, living with a gentle spirit is attainable.
Have a blessed day!
Published by Anita Maria