Did you know how auto insurance frauds cost victims billions every single year? In fact, false claims might lead to a higher amount of insurance premium for everyone involved. As a result, it is vital to find out how you can protect yourself from fraud related to auto insurance, and this is where personal injury lawyers can help you out!
For instance, if you are based out in Bremen, you can look for a Personal Injury Attorney in Bremen. It all depends on where you are located. In this case, you will simply need to google ‘Bremen personal injury attorney’ to find the right attorney.
So without wasting any more time, scroll down and find out all that you need to know about the same.
Protecting Yourself From Auto Insurance Frauds: How?
Basically, auto insurance fraud refers to making an insurance claim that’s fraudulent in terms of payment. Such examples can range from dynamic exaggerations and false injuries to deliberately causing damage to a vehicle or even an accident.
There are three different kinds of frauds related to insurance claims. These are as follows:
- Organized fraud: In the case of organized fraud, fraudsters mostly work in collaboration for staging collisions, and then these people simply submit damage or injury claims to several insurers for avoiding detection.
- Premeditated fraud: In the case of premeditated fraud, fraudsters usually make insurance claims that are false such as medical treatment which wasn’t provided or even vehicle damage that wasn’t the result of some accident.
- Opportunistic fraud: In the case of opportunistic fraud, fraudsters mostly inflate legitimate claims by overstating damage or even saying things like the property, in fact, was stolen.
The situations mentioned above can happen to any of you, and this is where personal injury attorneys can help you out. For instance, you can google ‘Bremen personal injury attorney’ and find out the perfect attorney in Bremen to help you out - it’s always best to search depending on where you are located.
Moving on, how can you prevent getting scammed? Scroll down and find out now!
Situation I: Involvement In Collisions
If you are ever involved in any kind of Collision, you can always:
- Call your nearest police station or emergency services in case of injuries,
- Take pictures of your vehicle in case of damage and of the whole scene,
- Note down all kinds of information about the driver and related data,
- Don’t get involved in any arguments - in fact, if things get heated up, get in touch with the insurer and the police,
- Notify insurers, and don’t forget to describe what happened.
Situation II: Involvement In Tow Truck Frauds
If you have been involved in truck fraud, you can always:
- Don’t opt for the first tow truck you came across, and instead, opt for one that has been approved by the insurance company.
- Check whether the two truck has the municipal licensing digits,
- Don’t sign anything that the driver gives you without reading the same carefully,
- Make sure that your vehicle is towed to a legit body shop or your preferred location.
Situation III: Involvement Of Auto Repair Fraud
If you have been involved in auto repair fraud, you can always:
- Be aware that not all repair shops are honest about what they do - these shops can very well damage your vehicle purposely,
- Take help from body shops as recommended by insurers,
- Get hold of written estimates before body shops can proceed with repairs.
Situation IV: When You Are Injured
If you end up injured, here’s what you can do:
- See legal professionals and medical experts you trust
- Read your policies thoroughly to understand the actual extent of your settlements and medical coverages,
- Keep hold of detailed records from the medical appointments you have attended as well as the services you have received in the process.
And It’s A Wrap!
Now that you have a fair idea about protecting yourself from frauds related to auto insurance, what are you waiting for? Take the necessary actions as soon as possible because, in the world of frauds, time is of the essence - remember, always act when the iron’s hot for the justice you know you deserve.
Meanwhile, don’t forget to let us know your thoughts and experiences (if any) in the comments below.
Published by Arina Smith