The planning to design a shop fit out is based on layout and many other details. You have to keep in mind the requirements that would enhance the shopping experience of any customer in the shop. The layout has to be simple, not difficult. The customers should feel free to navigate and find the place interesting. A crowded place with inadequate lighting will be frustrating for any customer and they would then prefer to shop from other places. The sops should be attractive so that the customers would be eager to explore the nook and crannies of the display. You as a customer have to feel at ease to walk to the shops and do a meaningful shopping. A commercial shop fitout has to be a challenging process. The design of the shops will depend on various factors. You might be a newcomer and you have to consider different things to design the shop properly. These include flooring, shelving as well as the flow of customers.
How to make it successful?
The specialists in the field of interior designing recognize the growth of shopping. It is very important to design the stores in such a way that the shoppers are engaged in shopping. This will optimize the shopping experience for the customers. It is of course not possible to redesign a store or even a part of a store frequently. It will be an expensive endeavor. You can follow certain tips for designing the shop fit out in an effective way. They are:
- The lowest priced products have to be placed right at the front of the store. This is a strategic move to encourage shoppers. The high-priced items have to be placed at certain points of high traffic that will be within your shop fit out.
- It has been researched that the shoppers first enter the right side of the shop. So, it is more lucrative and you must take advantage of this fact. You must display the most enticing things on the right side of the shop fit out.
- The right side must have a pathway through which the shoppers can wander finding out the exposed products as many as possible.
- The aisles that are created have to be wide enough for the shoppers to walk through comfortably. The people with strollers or wheelchairs must also feel comfortable to navigate through your store.
- The top selling products should be displayed at the eye level. You can also add display at the end of product aisles in order to encourage impulse buying.
- The best addition that you can make for your customers is seating arrangements. If they get few minutes to rest, they get ample time to cast their eyes on the products that will tempt their choices. The male members can sit whereas the lady shopper can shop for plenty of time in peace for a longer period of time.
- The counter space has to be very comfortable and spacious in shop fitout. The customers must have enough space to keep their shopping bags and space for younger children. This will make it easier for them to find their credit cards.
The lighting design is critical for any shop fit out to attract the attention of the shopper. If for instance the shop fit out is not well lightened, then the customers will walk straight away. The store will not look empty if you can create a combination of lighting options. This will help you to create a balanced space for the shoppers. The fusion of lighting can be created with a mix of downlights, backlighting, pendants and track lighting. This will give rise to a perfect combination of illumination and shadow. The LED lighting are one of the most energy efficient lighting techniques that add depth and dimension in low operating costs.
Published by Jack Louis