On day 4, I sprang out of bed at 6am. I embraced my morning spiritual practice and opened my heart to the song of the morning. I have been singing lately. I feel so happy, serene, peaceful, and hopeful! Clearly, I need to keep doing what I’m doing.


I made roughly 3 pints of my new favorite green juice: watermelon rind, celery, romaine, and mint. After about a quart of water, I enjoyed a fresh organic Thai coconut water. I reserved the meat for the pups. I feel really great about my consumption right now, as I am using all parts of the produce I have: I either eat or juice everything I have, and my dogs eat the pulp. Since I’m not eating overt fats, they get to enjoy the coconut jelly! And, boy to they love it! I also use the produce bags to pick up their poop when I take them for walks, as it’s mandatory around here.


I divided a larger mini-watermelon into four sections to be eaten and enjoyed throughout the day:

  • 7:00am - ~12 oz. coconut water
  • 8:00am – ¼ mini-watermelon
  • 10:00am - ~1 pint juice
  • 10:45am – 1/8 mini-watermelon
  • 2:00 pm – ¼ + 1/8 mini-watermelon
  • 3:30pm – 12 oz. ginger kombucha
  • 5:00pm - ¼ mini-watermelon, ~1/2 cup Grinning Green Goblin Kraut* (recipe to come!)
  • 1 quart juice


I had plenty of energy for work and was highly productive. I also practiced heated power vinyasa, took the dogs for a longer walk, and practiced rowing a dragonboat for the race this Saturday on the bayou! I was bursting with energy, inspiration, and contentment. Still no bowel movement, but I am praying for one to come!




On day 5, I awoke with lots of energy. I slept like a baby the night before. My morning spiritual practice set the tone for the day: gratitude.


I am so grateful for all the gifts that have come through the fasting experience and learning how to nourish my soul. I feel like a totally new being mentally, physically, and spiritually. This fast definitely ranks as one of the most transformative experiences of my life. I am so grateful for the divine guidance and support I received throughout the experience and how this sacred surrendering experience has rippled out to effect positive change in every aspect of my life.


I have never felt happier! For me to be happy in Monroe, LA = enlightenment. Lol.


Again, I divided a larger mini-watermelon into four sections to be eaten and enjoyed throughout the day as well as my new favorite juice:

  • 7:00am - ~1 pint juice
  • 8:00am – ¼ mini-watermelon
  • 10:00am – 4 oz. ginger kombucha
  • 11:00am – 1/4 mini-watermelon
  • 2:00 pm – ¼ mini-watermelon
  • 3:30pm - ~1pint ginger-grape booch
  • 5:00pm - ¼ mini-watermelon, ~1/4 cup Grinning Green Goblin Kraut
  • 1 quart juice


I was on fire at work today. So productive. I felt so happy, energetic, and alive! I also realized today that food is just food…finally. For me, I have never had that type of normal relationship to food. Food has been a drug, a weapon of self-destruction, a numbing agent, something to get high on. Now it’s fuel. It’s energy. Ah, I am so grateful to have arrived at this place, and I commit to continue doing EVERYTHING that is keeping my mind, body, and spirit in right alignment now. My primary food is in order: spirituality, career, exercise, and relationships. It’s only natural that my secondary food falls into place as well.


I was feeling so good that I almost skipped Al-Anon. My ACA sponsor had told me she wouldn’t be making it to the meeting we had planned to attend together, so I had an out. Radical honesty and humility revealed to me that I need to go meetings, especially when things are going well to KEEP them going well and to ensure I stay in right alignment!


After the meeting, I wanted to finish the kraut I had left over from dinner. I had eaten fairly quickly to ensure I made it to Al-Anon, and hadn’t finished the portion I served myself. I checked in with myself, and figured out that I was truly tired and thirsty, and would not be served by eating more kraut at 8pm. So I drank more water and went upstairs to shower. Progress!


I completed my normal before bed routine, and found myself still awake at 11:48pm. Too excited to sleep! I had great news today on the career front, and I couldn’t get all the excited and planning thoughts out of my head. I ended up practicing a second yoga nidra and ultimately drifting off.


Thank you for reading! Find my other refeeding posts here: Breaking the FastWeek 1Week 2 (Days 1-3), and Week 2 (Days 6-7).


Please be sure to check out my posts on my previous 28-day fastDay 1Day 2Day 3Day 4Day 5Day 6Day 7Day 8Day 9Day 10Day 11Day 12Days 13-17Day 18Day 19Day 20Day 21Day 22Day 23Day 24Day 25Day 26Day 27 and Day 28

Published by Taylor Norris