Even after hitting the gym hard, many men find that they cannot achieve the muscular chest they want. Male pectoral implant surgery can provide the solution. This cosmetic surgical procedure has become increasingly popular among men when diet and exercise fail to work. Pec implants surgery involves placing a solid silicone implant under the chest muscle to provide definition. It can address asymmetry or congenital underdevelopment of the pectorals, which usually occurs due to factors like genetics, injury, growth defects, and other conditions. Pec implants come in different sizes and shapes and augment the size and shape of the chest by enhancing contours and the appearance of muscle.
Male pectoral implants are an ideal option for people who:
● Have under-developed pectoral muscles that have not been increased even with vigorous exercise
● Are athletic and wish to improve chest contour
● Have an asymmetrical or otherwise deformed chest from birth or due to an accident
First, the area to be treated is numbed. The surgeon will make a small incision -- about 2 inches long -- in the armpit and create a pocket for the implant to be inserted under the pectoralis major muscle. After chest implants of the appropriate size and shape are inserted in the pocket, the muscle lining and skin are closed with sutures, which will dissolve over time. The procedure is repeated on the other side of the chest.
During the healing process, the implants are surrounded by the scar tissue pocket, where it stays permanently. After the incisions heal, the resulting scars would be barely visible.
Advantages of getting male pectoral implant surgery
● Improves chest contour and thickens the appearance of the muscle
● Custom designed to provide a specific shape to the chest
● Normally performed as an outpatient procedure
● Muscle is not damaged or cut when the implants are inserted
● Minimal bleeding
● Quick healing and recovery
There are specific things you should know about recovery:
● After the surgery, you may experience some pain in the chest area, but this managed by taking the pain medications prescribed by your plastic surgeon.
● Compression garments should be worn immediately after the surgery; this will helps support the site and improve circulation.
● Most patients usually return to their normal activities within two weeks of the procedure, but can resume exercise only after two months. It is important to remain active during the recovery period. Walk and moving around is important to ease swelling. Wait for about four weeks to resume regular exercise. When you start, begin with light activities and slowly go on to more intensive exercises based on what your body can tolerate.
● It is crucial that you have to avoid sugary and fatty foods and maintain a balanced fiber-rich diet.
● Swelling and bruising can appear in the body areas not related to the treatment. This is a kind of adjustment your body makes with the changes and it will subside soon.
● Approximately 14 days are needed for your incisions to heal and about 6 weeks for you implants to heal completely. It is also important to realize that the recovery time will vary according to each individual’s body type.
Men considering male pectoral implant surgery in Manhattan should consult a plastic surgeon with extensive experience in performing the procedure. An expert can help you achieve a sculpted, masculine chest with customized treatment based on factors such as your body type and proportions, and your preferences and expectations. In an AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery practice, you can expect comprehensive care till complete recovery.
Published by Bodysculpt