You don't have to wait for the cold, northern winds to start blowing in winter before you plan a beach vacation in Mexico. You can enjoy the sun, sand, and surf at any time of year. But with so many gorgeous and accommodating destinations to choose from, the real difficulty may be selecting the perfect destination. Whether you're looking for a little solitude or popular resort towns that can offer you not only beaches, but also activities and opportunities to socialize, there are plenty of locales to choose from. Here are some incredibly beautiful beach towns in Mexico that you may want to visit on your next trip.
- Tulum. There are two great reasons to visit this spot on the Caribbean coast. First, you can view one of the most complete sets of Mayan ruins in existence, including the famous El Castillo. If you want to take in some old-school architecture on your trip to Mexico, this is a must. In addition, you'll find one of the most beautiful beaches on this section of coastline, with El Castillo towering above. If white sand, warm water, and historical architecture are all on your must list when you visit the popular Riviera Maya, Tulum delivers.
- Acapulco. Once a popular destination, Acapulco fell out of favor when spring break favorites like Cancun took center stage. Luckily, Acapulco has undergone some serious upgrades to restore it to its former glory, and then some. Visitors will enjoy renovated resorts, stellar prices, abundant activities, and of course, the considerable beachfront that vacationers are seeking.
- Puerto Vallarta. The laid-back vibe of Puerto Vallarta will appeal to many travelers looking to avoid the hip hotspots that attract crowds of wild spring-breakers. The beaches will keep you occupied during the day, but the town itself also bears exploration, and travelers will delight in kitschy boutiques and local cuisine. Even so, this resort town boasts plenty of high-end hotels to ensure a comfortable stay.
- Cabo San Lucas. The beaches in Cabo are beautiful in and of themselves, with plenty of white sand and warm, cerulean waters that seem tailor-made for postcards. However, you'll also get stunning views of sea cliffs and natural archways out in the water. With high-end resorts, spas, golf courses, and evening entertainments galore, this Baja destination is beautiful and accommodating enough to rival the Hawaiian Islands when it comes to beach getaways.
- Playa del Carmen. Located south of Cancun, the beaches of Playa del Carmen are just as gorgeous, but far less crowded. Once you've perused Hipmunk's best hotels in Playa Del Carmen and found one that suits your needs, you can spend your days soaking up the sun and swimming in crystal clear waters. In the afternoon and evening, head to the public square to check out the shops, grab a nosh, and meet a few new friends. This quaint town attracts quite a few international travelers, especially vacationing Europeans. So you should have no shortage of scintillating conversation if you're the outgoing type.
Published by Chowdhury Shahid-uz-zaman