When I was younger my view of how the world worked was completely different to what It is today, I have learnt so much about how the world works in the last year alone it constantly suppressed me how much my view of the world has changed over my life. There are some things that I wish I knew when I was younger as it would have made my younger life a whole lot easier.
I decided to create a list of the top Ten things that I would tell my younger self. These are:
- Try your best – When I was younger I was obsessed with doing everything in my power to get 100% on test papers, however, I now know that along as you give the test your best attempt you can’t do anything more than that.
- Friends are equally important as hard work – This one was something thing that learned too late, although working hard is important when it comes to achieving your dreams, it is also important to have a great support from your friends as they can help you relax and unwind.
- Relax – No matter how important the work is , you should always take the time to relax and clear your head from stress. As nothing is important as your health.
- Do what you enjoy – it’s not worth spending time and energy doing something that you don’t enjoy because you’re not going to gain anything by doing it so you should rather invest your time into something that will give you some personal benefits.
- Live in the moment – live like tonight is the last night on earth and make the most of the time.
- Don’t worry – I’ve spent too much time worrying about the little things in life instead of enjoying what’s happening in the moment.
- Don’t try to look for the hidden meaning – this is another habit that I’ve been doing for a long time, for some reason, I always was looking for a hidden meaning whenever anyone asked me to do something and most of the time there was never meant to be one.
- Accept that we all make mistakes and move on – We all make mistakes, and we should just move on after we make them. Making mistakes are just a part of human nature.
- Don’t worry what people think – I used to spend ages worrying about what people were thinking of me this was making me become paranoid about how I was acting in view of the public.
- Be yourself – I was always very influenced by other people and how they were acting , this was effecting how I acted around other people , in other words, I was becoming a false person to please those around me instead of been myself.
If I knew these lessons when I was younger it would have helped me to become a more confident person and I would have saved me a lot of trouble and helped me understand how to interact with people.
Published by Dan Calvert