Dr. SRINIVAS KASHA
MBBS, M.S.ORTHO, Fellow in Arthroplasty. AO trauma fellow.
Senior consultant orthopaedic, Joint replacement and Pelviacetabular surgeon.
Trained in Computer navigated Knee replacements,
Pelvi acetabular & Complex trauma,
Computer assisted deformity corrections.
Dr. Srinivas Kasha is one of the best Orthopedic Doctor in Hyderabad, India. He is presently working as the Senior Consultant Trauma Joint Replacement & Pelviacetabular surgeon at KIMS Hospital, Secunderabad. Dr. Srinivas Kasha specialised in dealing with Complex Trauma, Joint Replacement Surgeries, Bone Lengthening and Deformity Corrections and complex Pelviacetabular and hip reconstructions.
Dr. Kasha has performed over 5000 trauma cases and is highly skilled in handling intra-articular fractures and polytrauma surgeries. He has also over 500 successful Joint Replacement Surgeries to his credit. He is an expert in minimally invasive techniques and innovative computer navigated approach to Joint Replacement. He is one of the renowned faculty in trauma and Pelviacetabular speciality in India.
- MBBS, Kakatiya Medical College, Warangal
- MS (Orthopedics), Osmania Medical College
- Fellowship in Arthroplasty, Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences
CURRENT POSITION-WORK I DO:
Now working as Consultant Trauma, Computer navigated Joint replacement & Pelviacetabular trauma surgeon at Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences, Secunderabad since October 2008. I am specialized in dealing with
Complex trauma, which include
- Extremity trauma Upper & Lower limb injuries
- Per articular trauma at Shoulder, Elbow, Wrist, Hip, Knee and ankle joints.
- Polytrauma – Road traffic and High-energy accidents which results in Multiple fractures, Associated Chest, Head, abdominal, & Vascular injuries
- Open fractures which range from fractures with cuts to near total loss of limbs.
- Limb salvage- Saving the limbs with the co-ordination from other specialties like Plastic && vascular surgeons. Crush injuries, Machine injuries and accidents which might have a scope of survival inspite of significant trauma .
Computer navigated Knee replacement:
Aims of any Knee replacement surgery are to get the Hip, Knee & Ankle into an acceptable alignement, and to achieve a healthy soft tissue tension around the reconstructed knee. It is these factors which actually improve the longevity of the prosthesis. Navigation assesses the alignment and quantifies it. It gets Quantitative assessment of Soft tissue tension and Helps the surgeon in Planning the bone cuts. All in all it improves the precision of Whole procedure.
Total Hip Replacement
Hip joint arthritis is an end stage joint destruction which happens because of various disease in the joint or bone. The causes include Rheumatoid arthritis, Ostearthritis, Avascular necrosis, Failed hip surgeries, and fracture neck of femur. Total hip replacement is a pain relieving operation by which patient has a potential to get back to his normal activities.
Pelvi acetabular trauma:
High speed vehicles and bad road practices have increased the incidence of High energy accidents which often results in Pelvi acetabular fractures. It needs almost 10 times the force which causes a leg fracture. So most of theses injuries are associated with other bone fractures, head, chest, and abdomen or perinial injuries. These are life-threatening injuries as they cause severe internal hemorrhage.
Management of these injuries needs special training and experience. I have done significant number of these fractures. I travel and get involved in teaching programs and conferences to increase the awareness of these complex fractures and teach the treatment principles to young and practicing orthopaedic surgeons.
I run out-patient clinics on Tuesdays and Fridays and deal with emergencies everyday(24/7).I teach Orthopedic residents who are appearing for D.N.B course in Orthopaedics and Physiotherapy students. I have Joint replacement fellowship programs under me.
Computer assisted Deformity Corrections:
Bone deformities are not only are unsightly but also affect the Joint dynamics and caouse early arthritis and pain. Congenital, Posttraumatic deformities might need different approaches. Taylors spatial frame is worlds advanced external fixator. It can correct multidirectional deformities in a single stage and also gain the length in short limbs.
- Worked as a Senior Registrar/ Fellow in Arthroplasty in department of orthopedics, Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences from January 2008 – October 2008
- Worked as an Assistant professor in Orthopedics , Mediciti Insitute of Medical Sciences, Ghanpur. Oct 2007 – Dec 2007
- As a Registrar in Udai clinic, Orthopedic centre. Nampally Hyderabad. June 2007 – sep 2007.
- Post graduation-Department of Orthopedics, Osmania General Hospital,Hyderabad (Three years) (8-5-2004 to 7-5-2007)
- Rotatory Internship-MGM Hospital, Warangal.(One year)(27-6-2002 to 26-6-2003).
- Twin Cities Orthopedic Society, Hyderabad.
- Member of Indian Foot and Ankle Society.
- Member of Telangana orthopaedic surgeons association,
- Member of OASIS.
- Member of IOA.
- Member of IMA Hyderabad.
- Indian Society of Orthopedic Rheumatologists.
- Member of AO trauma Asia Pacific (315399)
- Member of AOPAS (Association of Pelviacetabular Surgeons) of India
- Executive member of TOSA
- Secretary of Twin-cities orthopaedic surgeons association.
- Executive member of AOPAS 2018 .
Awards & Achievements:
- “Vaidyasree 2014” by Mother Foundation, Hyderabad
- “Rising Star of the Year” in Orthopaedic Surgery by Times healthcare Achievers Awards 2017.
- Received 10 years Meritorious service award from Kim’s hospital management in 2019.
Published by Dr Srinivas Kasha Orthopedic