Do you use any Apple device on which you have too many albums stored that you want to get rid of some of them? Deleting media files from any Apple device is not a complex task to perform. Whether it’s an iPhone, iPad, or Mac computer, all the devices that this company designs come with excellent camera quality. And, of course, we all love to take so many pictures and videos on our smart devices. But there may come a time when you need to delete some of the media files stored on your devices. The process of deleting photos and videos differs according to the device you own. And here, we are going to show you how you will be able to delete photo albums stored on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac computers.
If you have recently switched to the Apple ecosystem from Android, you might not be aware of all its options and features. In the following post, we will provide you with the method that you can easily apply to delete the photo albums on your Apple devices. So, please make sure you look at this entire blog.
Deleting photo albums on iPhone, iPad, and Mac
iPhones, iPads, and Mac devices come with a Photos app that enables you to organize photos and videos you have taken or downloaded on your device. Using the Photos app to manage media files stored on your Apple device is pretty easy. It’s easy to clutter up the Photos app with various albums on your iPhone. And thankfully, it is quite a simple task to delete photo albums on iPhone, iPad, and Mac devices. There might be multiple reasons why you want to delete photo albums from your Apple device. It might be because you have images from work on your device, and they are of no use to you now. Or you might want to delete screenshots or wallpaper downloaded on your device that you no longer want to use. Whatever the reason is, you will be able to get rid of unwanted albums from your device with much ease. For this, you are advised to follow the guide that we are going to explain here. So, please have a look at the below-mentioned methods to get started.
Method to delete photo albums from iPhone and iPad
Follow the instructions mentioned here to delete the photo albums stored on your iPhone or iPad:
- To get started with the technique, firstly, you will launch the Photos app on your iPhone or iPad. To do so, you can use your device’s built-in Spotlight search feature.
- After opening the Photos app, tap on the option of “Albums” from the bottom navigation.
- And when you get to the “My Albums” section, you will need to tap on the option of “See All.”
- Next up, go to the top-right corner of your screen and hit the “Edit” button.
- You will now be able to see the minus sign in red color on the corner of the photo album you would like to remove.
- When you see a pop-up appearing on your iOS device screen, you will have to choose the “Delete Album” option to confirm that you want to remove the selected photo album.
- At last, once you are done following all of the above steps, you will have to tap the “Done” button to complete the task. And that’s all you need to do to delete an entire photo album stored on your iPhone and iPad.
Technique to delete the photo album on a Mac device
If you own a Mac device from which you would like to delete an entire photo album, you are advised to follow the instructions mentioned below:
- To delete the photo albums from your Mac, firstly, you will have to launch the Photos app by clicking on its icon located on the desktop screen.
- After launching the Photos app on your Mac, go to the left side of the screen and select the photo album that you would like to remove from your device.
- Now, click the album, or you can hold the Control key along with clicking the album.
- And when you see a list of the options appearing on your computer screen, you will proceed by selecting the option of “Delete Album.”
- When you see a pop-up appearing at the top of your screen, you will click the “Delete” button to confirm that you want to remove the album from your Mac device. And that’s it.
Also, you need to note that if you sync your data via iCloud, then deleting the album will remove it from all other devices. The images of the album will be still be displayed in any other albums, and if applicable, then in your Photo Library as well. So, this is all about deleting photo albums on iPhone, iPad, and Mac devices. Try the methods now. And please stay connected to us by visiting our official website.
Published by Elisa Wilson