Undeniably, Windows 11 has now become one of the greatest and popular Windows updated versions, released by Microsoft. This Windows update has a lot of excellent computing features that you can use to perform any computing task on your device. Windows OS has always provided its users with the best computing experience. And With Windows 11, you have the liberty to customize the settings on your computer as per your preferences. There are millions of people all over the world who are running Windows updated versions on their laptops and desktops. If you are also a user of a Windows 11 device, you might have already experienced how it works.
In the latest version released by Microsoft, there are also a lot of changes to notice. For instance, the position of the Start Menu has changed. Now, you will find it located in the center of the taskbar between a group of icons. And the live tiles and Cortana are also removed. Windows 11 have a feature called multi-point gestures, and it enables you to quickly access several different functions, menus, or certain actions. The feature is quite useful, but there might be some users who wish to disable it. Do you have any idea what you will need to do to disable the three-finger gesture feature on your Windows 11 computer? You will have to read this full post to get the complete details for this.
Disabling the Three-Finger Gesture in Windows 11
Deactivating the three-finger gesture on a Windows 11 device is not a complicated task for anyone. For this, you will have to go through the Settings of your Windows device. There can be any reason why you want to disable the touchpad gesture feature on your Windows 11 computer. Sometimes, you trigger the gesture by accident, and if it happens with you more often, then it’s best to turn off the touchpad gestures on your Windows 11 computer. Also, as touchpad gestures can be customized as per your preferences, here, we will show you the methods for disabling the three-finger gesture, two-finger gesture, and all tap gestures. You will have to follow the procedures that include some simple instructions. So, let’s get started by discussing the technique to turn off the three-finger gesture on a Windows 11 device.
Instructions to Turn Off Three-Finger and All Tap Gestures on Windows 11
Here are the instructions to turn off three-finger gestures on a Windows 11 PC:
- To get started, open the Settings app on your Windows 11 device. To do so, go to the Start Menu and then click the gear icon from the sidebar menu.
- Alternatively, you can launch the Settings screen by pressing the “Windows + I” keys on your keyboard.
- And when you get to the Settings screen, go to the left sidebar and click on the “Bluetooth and Devices” tab.
- Now, go to the right side of the window to locate the “Touchpad” tile and then click on it.
- Next, you will have to find the “Three-Fingers Gesture” option and then click it.
- Click the drop-down menu located beside the “Swipe” option.
- From the context menu that appears on your screen, choose the option of “Nothing.” And that’s it. That’s all you will have to do to disable the three-finger gesture feature on your Windows 11 computer.
Guide to Disable Two-Finger Gesture
Go through the instructions to disable the two-finger gesture on your Windows 11 device:
- To disable the two-finger gesture, launch the Settings app on your computer.
- On the Settings screen, select the “Bluetooth and Devices’ option from the left pane menu.
- On the next screen that shows up, click the “Touchpad” option.
- When you get to the Touchpad Settings window, you will have to locate and click the drop-down arrow beside the scroll and zoom heading.
- At last, uncheck the box given next to the option of “Drag two fingers to scroll.” And that’s it.
So, this is all about disabling the touchpad gestures on a Windows 11 device. You can try the methods right away, and to get additional knowledge about Windows 11 features and options, you can get to our official website to read more blogs.
Published by Elisa Wilson