Crusader Kings 3 is one of the most renowned strategy video games out there. It is available on all primary platforms such as MS Windows, macOS, and Linux. This game is applicable to Base Game Edition and the Royal Edition. But according to many players, they are unable to play the game smoothly due to crashing issues on the system. If you are one of them who deals with the same problem, then here are a few instructions provided below.
Run the Game via the Installation Folder to Fix Crusader Kings 3 Issue
If you run the game using the installation folder, pursue the whole procedure given below:
- Hit the Windows and E hotkeys simultaneously on the keyboard to invoke the File Explorer.
- Later, go to the ‘This PC’ icon and click on it.
- You should choose the Windows (C:) folder.
- Navigate to the ‘Program Files (×86) folder and twice click on it.
- Then move down and twice click on the folder of Steam.
- You have to launch the folder of Steam app.
- Choose the folder of Common.
- Now, reach the ‘Crusader Kings III’ folder, click on it, and choose binaries.
Disable Windows Defender to Fix Crusader Kings 3 Issue
If you can’t disable the Windows Defender on your system, follow the effective solutions stated below:
- Go to the bottom left side of your taskbar and hit on the icon of Start.
- Once you see the menu and choose the Settings option.
- You should choose the ‘Updates & Security’ option.
- Reach the left side panel and pick the ‘Windows Security’ option.
- Later, choose the ‘Virus & threat protection’ option.
- You have to move to the ‘Virus & threat protection settings’ option then choose the ‘Manage settings’ option.
- Once you reach the ‘Real-time protection section, switch the toggle to disable it.
Launch the Game as Administrator to Fix Crusader Kings 3 Issue
If you are trying to run the game as an administrator, you need to check out the quick guidelines below:
- Navigate to the shortcut icon of Crusader Kings III on the desktop and right-click on it.
- Thereafter, click on the Properties option.
- You should choose the Compatibility tab then pick the ‘Run this program as an administrator’ option.
- Go to the Apply and then OK buttons to save the changes.
- Once you store the changes, run the game to check the issue.
Run a Clean Boot to Fix Crusader Kings 3 Issue
If you don’t know about running a clean boot, you must pursue the entire directions explained below:
- Hit the Windows and R hotkeys simultaneously on the keyboard to invoke the Run pop-up.
- You should insert ‘msconfig’ in it and select the OK button.
- Go to the Services tab and mark the ‘Hide all Microsoft services’ box.
- Then hit on the Disable all button.
- On a similar screen, choose the tab of Startup and hit on the ‘Open Task Manager’ option.
- Beneath the Startup tab in the Task Manager, select the Enabled Startup item and select the Disable option.
- Once you are done, shut the screen.
- Underneath the Startup section of System Configuration, hit on the OK button.
- Now, reboot the system to check the issue.
Confirm the Game Files on Steam to Fix Crusader Kings 3 Issue
In order to verify the game files on Steam, perform the simple steps mentioned below:
- Underneath the tab of Library, select the ‘Crusader Kings III’ and right-click on it.
- Then hit on the Properties option.
- You should choose the ‘LOCAL FILES’ tab and choose the ‘VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES….’ option.
Confirm the Game Files on Xbox Game Pass to Fix Crusader Kings 3 Issue
If you are unable to validate the game files on Xbox Game Pass, then execute the easy guidelines below:
- Hold the Windows icon to invoke the Search section.
- Thereafter, input ‘Crusader Kings III’ and select the OK button to run the game application.
- Once invoke the app and right-click on it, choose the ‘More’ option.
- Go to the ‘App settings’ option and click on it.
- Now, beneath the Reset section, hit on the Repair button.
Reinstall the Game to Fix Crusader Kings 3 Issue
If you want to reinstall the game, go through the effective instructions stated below:
- Once again, locate the app of Crusader Kings III by following the above steps.
- After founding the app, right-click on it, then pick the Uninstall button.
- Once you see a prompt, hit on the Uninstall button.
- Hit the Windows and E hotkeys over the keyboard to launch the File Explorer.
- Then select the Documents folder and twice click on it, then choose the ‘Paradox Interactive’ option.
- Now, remove the folder of Crusader Kings III.
- Later, download the game and then reinstall it through the gaming platform.
Finally, attempt running the game.
Published by Elisa Wilson