A few months ago, Microsoft introduced Windows 11, the successor to its Windows 10 operating system. This major updated Windows version is still under the testing phase and will be officially made available to download from October 5 for all the users.
Windows 11 is designed to bring a significant change in the Windows user interface as it includes a new Start Menu and Taskbar. In addition to this, it also features snap layouts to better optimize the screen space on the device home screen. Using Windows 11 is pretty simple and convenient for any Windows user, and it will surely provide the best computing experience to all of its users.
For now, the Beta and Dev versions of Windows 11 have been made available to install, and it seems that they have some bugs.
If you have already downloaded the earlier version of Windows 11, you possibly have noticed a new “Game Mode” added to the settings menu. Well, it is not necessarily a new option.
It was initially introduced within Windows 10. The game mode in Windows 11 is enabled by default, and it automatically optimizes your system for gaming when it detects a game in progress.
The following option usually works well, but some users have reported issues in system performance because of it. If you are one of those users, you can easily and quickly turn off the game mode on your Windows 11 computer.
And if you don’t know how to turn off the game mode in Windows 11, you have landed on the right page.
Here, we will provide you with the methods following which you can easily disable the option. So, please read the entire post to get the technique.
All About Turning Off the Game Mode in Windows 11
It is pretty easy for anyone to turn off the game mode on a Windows 11 computer. It is a special mode that prioritizes the game process as they run on your computer.
The option also temporarily prevents Windows Update from installing drivers, and sometimes, it asks you to restart your computer system. While the game mode is enabled, it limits the background activity and frees up the RAM and CPU resources.
It happens very rarely when the option causes issues in system performance. And if that’s the case with you, you can turn off the game mode on your Windows 11 computer. For this, you will have to go through the settings on your device.
Here, we have explained this complete task with some simple instructions that you will need to follow. So, let’s take a look at the below-mentioned method that you can follow to turn off the game mode on your Windows 11 computer.
Instruction to Turn Off the Game Mode in Windows 11
Go through the given steps to disable the game mode on your Windows 11 computer:
- First of all, you will launch the Settings app on your Windows 11 computer. To do so, you need to use a shortcut key “Windows + I.”
- Alternatively, you can right-click on the Start Button in the taskbar and then click on the “Settings” option from the menu that appears on your screen.
- And once you get to the Settings screen, go to the left sidebar to click on the option of “Gaming.”
- After this, you will need to click on the “Game Mode” option located in the right pane.
- After the next page appears, you will see a toggle button placed next to the “Game Mode” option. You will have to turn off the toggle switch to disable the game mode on your Windows 11 computer. And that’s it.
- You can now close the Settings page on your computer system. And whenever you wish to turn on the game mode for gaming on your computer, you can do so by following all the steps mentioned above.
- And at last, flip the toggle button to turn on the functionality.
So, this is how any Windows user can turn off or on the game mode on their Windows 11 computer. Try the technique right away if you also have downloaded Windows 11 preview build on your computer. And for more details on this updated Windows version, you can take a tour of our official website.
Published by Elisa Wilson