In the recent years, diabetes has become a big health challenge. The number of people suffering from this condition has been on the rise. In case you suffer from this condition or you know someone who does, you are in the right place. Here we are going to discuss 5 natural ways to cure diabetes. But first, let’s get some facts right.
What is diabetes?
To understand this condition we must know what Insulin is and what role it plays in causing diabetes. Insulin is a hormone that regulates numerous processes that give your cells the energy they need to function. This hormone is released by the pancreas. The production of Insulin is normally regulated based blood sugar levels. So, what does this hormone do? It allows cells in your liver, fat, and muscles to absorb glucose that’s in the blood.
Diabetes develops anytime there is an undersupply of insulin or when the body fails to use all the insulin it secretes as it should. In this case, the body cannot absorb glucose leading to the pilling up of glucose or sugar in the blood.
There are two types of this disease; type 1 diabetes and type diabetes. The former stars at childhood while the latter develops in adults. Type 2 diabetes is associated with obesity, lack of exercise and a diet low in vegetables and fruits, and high in sugar, animal products, and fat.
There are several treatment regimens for diabetes including insulin injections and other forms of medication. However, with the right info, it is possible to cure diabetes naturally without having to take such medications. How can one achieve this?
How to Cure Diabetes Naturally?
Here we highlight 5 natural ways to cure diabetes
1. Foods to avoid
This is crucial since any diet that will increase the amount of sugar in your blood is bad for you. There are foods you must avoid. These include:
• Refined sugar,
• Grains – more so gluten-containing grains such as wheat which contain significant amounts of carbohydrates
• Hydrogenated oils
• GMO foods
2. Incorporate the following foods to help cure diabetes naturally
• Plant-based foods rich in fiber; such foods are low in fat thus help to control weight. These are also high in fiber which helps in controlling blood sugar. Thirdly such foods are rich in antioxidants which enhance the body’s ability to use insulin.
• Clean proteins: this includes whole foods like nuts, whole grains, beans, and seeds plus plant-based meat like Tofurky.
• Foods with a low glycemic load. These are foods that have a low potential of raising your blood sugar level and include foods like non-starchy veggies, avocados, eggs and raw pastured dairy.
As noted earlier, a sedentary lifestyle is a precursor to diabetes. The glucose in your blood is not
sufficiently utilized leading to its accumulation and possible obesity. You must exercise after every meal. After taking a meal do not just sit or sleep instead do some activity till the food you have eaten is digested.
4. Drink water
Water is one of the leading stuff in the natural treatment of diabetes. Take as much water as you can to keep your blood sugar level as normal as possible. Water assists in thinning of blood thus curing diabetes naturally.
5. Sufficient sleep
Adequate sleep is vital for the proper functioning of your body. Sleeping for about 6 to 8 hours in a day is sufficient to help keep the sugar level normal.
With these simple yet effective strategies, you can cure diabetes naturally without having to take conventional medicine. However, even as you try these approaches always seek the opinion of
Published by Emily Rose