India is one among the foremost important tourist markets for Europe with over 10 million Indians travelling to Europe per annum. That number is predicted to get older to fifteen million in 2020.
More than 1.1 million Schengen visa applications were submitted by Indians in 2019, consistent with recent statistics.
In total, 1,141,705 Schengen visa Applications were submitted by Indian Citizens in 2017. Compared to the previous year, the amount of applications filed in India saw a rise of 5.5 per cent. Alongside the rise within the number of applications, the rejection rate also increased. From 9.3% because it was in 2018, the rate of the rejection was increased to 10.8 per cent in 2019, or 123,175 visas not issued.
Do Indian Citizens need a visa to enter Europe?
Yes, Indian Citizens are needed to get a Schengen visa so as to enter any European country within the Schengen Zone.
How to Apply for a Schengen Visa from India?
You will need to follow a step-by-step guideline to use for a Schengen visa in India. the appliance procedure to get a Schengen visa in India is pretty almost like that in every other country within the world.
In order to use for a Schengen visa from India you want to follow these steps:
Know which type of Schengen visa suites you. There are various types Schengen visa based on your purpose of travelling from India to Europe.
Find out where you would like to use for a Schengen visa in India. Decide which country embassy/consulate / VAC of you would like to use at, also as under the jurisdiction of which you fall.
Decide when to use for a Schengen visa in India. The recent time you will lodge your Schengen visa application in India is 3 months before your planned trip while the newest time to file your visa application is a minimum of 15 working days before you plan to visit Europe.
Collect the specified Schengen visa documents for Indian citizens.
Book and Appointment for interview at the visa application center in India. Counting on the country, you'll make a meeting online, by phone, or face to face. Below during this article, you'll find more information for every EU embassy/consulate located in India.
Attend for the interview at visa application center on the day of your appointment. Be there on time and check out to be confident. Remember that the visa interview may be a main part of your visa application acceptance.
Pay the visa fee. All Schengen countries have synchronized and fixed visa fees. Check Schengen Visa Details for more information.
Wait for the processing of your visa. After the interview, you'll need to await at the most 15 days, for a response on your application.
Schengen visa form submitted by Indian citizen are processed by the consulates/embassies in India.
Schengen Visa Requirements for Indian Passport Holders
When applying for a Schengen visa in India, you'll need to submit variety of required documents. These documents are crucial; therefore, you actually got to take care when collecting them. Confirm all of them suits the standards set by the embassy where you're applying.
To apply for a Schengen visa in India, you would like to submit the subsequent documents:
1. Download the Schengen visa form from Official website. Fill it completely and with sincerity. You will also fill the Schengen Visa form online then take a photo copy.
2. Two recently taken photos must be attached. The photos should be format of passport – a recent complete face capture with a light-color background. Know more about photo requirements for Indians.
3. A valid Indian passport or other travel documents. No older than 10 years, with a validity of a minimum of 3 more months beyond your planned date of leaving Europe.
4. Evidence of domicile in India. – As a national ID (Aadhar) card, or residence permit.
5. Travel Insurance for Schengen visa in India – you'll book online through the Europe Assistance website or via any travel insurance firm in India that meets the subsequent requirements: Medical coverage of a minimum of Euro 30,000. Medical evacuation/ repatriation must be covered.
6. A cover letter stating the aim of the visit and itinerary.
7. Dummy Flight Ticket document from India to Europe and back. Including flight numbers and dates specifying entry and exit from the required countries. Find out how to urge a flight reservation for a visa from India.
8. Proof of staying (Hotel Reservation) for the entire duration of the intended stay. Know more details about Hotel Booking for Schengen Visa application.
9. Proof of civil status. (Certificate of youngsters, Marriage certificate, death certificate of spouse, card if applicable)
10. Proof of sufficient amount to stay in Schengen Countries.
Additional Schengen Visa Requirements supported your Employment Status in India
Depending on your occupational status in India, you'll got to submit the subsequent additional documents when applying for a visa to Europe from India:
If you're employed:
· Employment contract
· Current statement, of latest 6 months (Online Bank statements aren't acceptable).
· Leave permission from your employer
· Income Tax Return Certificate (ITR) or form of tax deducted at the source of salary
· A photo copy of your business license by Indian government.
· Company statement of the newest 6 months
· Income Tax Return (ITR)
If a student:
· Proof of enrollment
· No-objection (NOC) certificate from your Indian school or university
· Pension statement of the newest 6 months
· Regular amount generated by property proof of the recent 6 months
*Note: The signed form with all mandatory documents, then handed personally at the right Embassy/Consulate or its representatives in India.
Other specific requirements when applying for a special Schengen visa type in India:
· Business visa requirements for Indians
· Tourist visa requirements for Indians
· Visitor visa requirements for Indians
Who have to apply for a Schengen Visa from India?
The Schengen countries have started their consulates, embassies, and visa application centers all on India, which are responsible for the admission and procession of visa applications made by Indians. However, not all people can apply for a Schengen visa from India.
The eligibility to file the visa applications at the Schengen embassies/consulates / VACs in India
· Indian passport holders
· Nationals of other countries, which are needed to obtain a visa to Schengen, living in India under a permanent or temporary residence permit.
Applications can be submitted to:
· Schengen Greece visa application from Goa should be submitted at the Portuguese Consulate General in Goa, India.
· Schengen Slovakia visa application from Mumbai should be submitted at the Hungarian General Consulate in Mumbai, India.
· Schengen Slovenia visa application from Goa should be submitted at the Portugal General Consulate in Goa, India.
· Schengen Iceland visa application should be submitted at the Danish Embassy in New Delhi, India.
· Schengen Switzerland visa application should be submitted at the Embassy of Switzerland in New Delhi, India.
Schengen Visa Fees for Indian citizens in EUR and in Indian Rupees
Visa Category Fee in INR Fee in Euro
Schengen Visa (Adult) 7088 80
Schengen Visa 5316 60
(Child between 06-12 years of age)
Published by Emma Meghan