The UAE remains among the favorite destinations for world travelers, either for tourism or for business. Additionally, its residents also are among the highest travelers round the globe.
The United Arab Emirates is listed among the highest 15 countries, the residents of which filed most visa applications at one among the Schengen embassies, for a visa to Europe in 2017.
Statistics of the Europe Commission show that nearly 267K people from the UAE applied for a Schengen visa in 2017.
Taking under consideration that since May 2015, UAE passport holders don't need a visa to enter any of the Schengen Countries, the amount is far higher when it involves the amount of individuals that have visited the world.
Note: (Starting January 1, 2023, citizens of United Arab Emirates will need to apply for an ETIAS visa before their travel towards Europe, so as to be allowed to enter the territory.)
What documents do UAE citizens got to enter Europe?
Even though UAE passport holders don't have to be in possession of a Schengen visa so as to be permitted to enter the Schengen Area, they're going to still got to present some. The border officer is that the one who gives the ultimate decision whether or not they shall be permitted to enter or not.
These documents are as follows:
· UAE passport or travel document. It must be valid for a minimum of three more months beyond their intended stay in Europe
· Evidence on their purpose of visit
· Proof they possess the specified financial means to support their stay in Schengen
· Other documents which will be required by specific states
United Arab Emirates citizens can travel without visa within the European countries a part of the Schengen Area: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic , Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and Liechtenstein.
Schengen Visa Application Requirements for UAE residents
The following certificates are needed when applying for a Schengen short-term visa within the United Arab Emirates:
· Application Form. It should be fully filled with proper and honest information. Print the shape twice, and sign both copies at the top.
· Valid Passport. It should be no older than 10 years and with a validity of a minimum of three more months beyond the date that the applicant is getting to leave the Schengen Zone
· Two photos – taken within the last three months consistent with the standards set by the Schengen states. Read more about photo requirements.
· Proof of residence permit in UAE. The residence permit must be valid for a minimum of 3 months after the intended date of departure from the Schengen area
· Travel Flight Itinerary. A document that proves you've got reserved a flight ticket from UAE to the Schengen Zone and back, on the precise dates you're getting to enter and leave this area
· Cover letter. Please, explain why you would like to go to Europe, specifying the countries you would like to go to, the time you'll remain there, and other details.
· Proof of accommodation. A document that shows where you'll be accommodated throughout your stay in Schengen. This might be a hotel booking, a rent agreement, or a letter of invitation by a number at whose house you'll be staying.
· Proof of monetary means. Evidence that you simply have enough money to support yourself financially throughout your stay within the Schengen. This will be one among the following:
o Bank account statement – that shows you've got enough money in your account for the trip. The statement shall be no longer than 3 months.
o Letter of Sponsorship – by another person who confirms they're going to give financial support for your trip to the Schengen. So as for this letter to be valid, it must be amid a statement of the sponsor, no older than three months.
o A combination of your checking account statement and a letter of sponsorship
· Europe Travel Insurance – A document that proves you've got travel insurance for the entire Schengen territory, with a minimum coverage of 30,000 euros just in case of any medical emergency as illnesses, accidents, and even repatriation just in case of death.
Other specific requirements when applying for a special Schengen visa type in UAE:
· Business visa requirements
· Tourist visa requirements
· Visitor visa requirements
· Transit visa requirements
How to Apply Schengen Visa from UAE?
There are a couple of simple steps to follow when applying for a short-stay Schengen visa within the United Arab Emirates:
1. Check at which Embassy/Consulate you would like to use. So as to file your application at the proper place, you'll got to know which country should issue you a visa (if you're getting to visit quite one Schengen state). Then you like to see, what part of that specific country handles visa applications or whether it's outsourced visa submission to a different party.
2. Schedule a meeting at the embassy/consulate / visa center.
3. Attend the visa interview. Take all of the specified documents with you, listed within the given order.
4. Wait for a response. Within the meantime, the embassy will process your visa, which can undergo EU security systems as Visa data system and Schengen data system.
The processing of your application may take up to fifteen days. Then period, you'll receive a response on your case. All the visa applications are processed by the visa embassies only.
Schengen Visa Fees for UAE Residents in AED and in EUR
Category Schengen Visa Visa Fee in AED Visa Fee in EUR
Adult 240 60
Child 6-12 years of age 140 35
Child younger than 6 years FREE FREE
Holders of diplomatic and repair passports FREE FREE
A loved one of an EU/EEA national FREE FREE.
Published by Emma Meghan