To apply for a Schengen visa within the US, you would like to submit the subsequent documents:
Visa form – completely fulfilled with the specified information. Attempt to avoid any mistakes, and provides correct and honest information. Here you'll find a guide the way to refill a visa application form! After giving the knowledge you're asked to, print the shape twice, and sign both copies at the top.
A valid passport or Travel document. Please confirm that:
1. Your passport has been granted (not extended) within the last 10 years,
2. Your passport has 2 full blank pages, one for the visa stamp and a further spare page,
3. Your passport are going to be valid for a minimum of three (3) months after the date you exit the EU.
USA residence Card: Original of valid USA alien registration card (residence permit aka. Green Card) or valid US PR visa (e.g. type A, E, F plus endorsed I-20 by a competent authority, G: H; I; J; plus J1 documents, L, O, R) must be submitted.
The US residence permit or visa should be valid a minimum of three months beyond the intended departure from the Schengen Area.
Photo: taken within the last three months. The photo must be taken consistent with the photography requirements as set by the Schengen countries.
A cover letter: During which you explain the explanations you would like to enter the Schengen Zone, the countries you're getting to visit and therefore the amount of your time you would like to spend in each and other details about your trip.
Round-trip Flight Itinerary: A booked travel reservation from the USA to Europe and back. If you'll be taking any internal flights, you'll need to include those tickets too.
Proof of accommodation in Europe: this will be one among the following:
1. Evidence of a hotel booking or rental agreement (Find and Book Best Hotels in Europe!),
2. Invitation from your Europe host (friend or family member) along with Xerox copy of their passport or ID (Proof of sponsorship if dependent)
3. Rent agreement – between you and a landlord within the country where you'll be staying within the Schengen territory.
Means of Subsistence. A document that proves you've got enough money to financially support yourself during your stay in Europe. This document could be:
1. Statement – A recent statement folk’s checking account for the last three months, as proof that you simply have enough money.
2. Letter of Sponsorship – a letter written by another person why is willing to financially support you. A statement of the sponsor, no older than three months, has got to be attached to the letter, so as for it to be valid.
Europe Travel insurance: A document that proves you've got purchase travel insurance that covers the entire territory of Schengen Area, in cases of medical emergencies as accidents and illnesses, also as repatriation to the us just in case of death, with a minimum coverage of €30.000. The policy can easily be purchased online from Europe Assistance or AXA Schengen.
Schengen Visa Requirements for US Residents and positive identification Holders consistent with Applicant’s Employment Status
Depending on your employment status within the US, here may be a list of additional documents that are required to submit when applying to get a Schengen visa within the US:
For US employees:
1. Employment contract
2. Current statement of the newest 6 months
3. Leave permission from the employer
4. Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of tax deducted at the source of salary
For the self-employed:
1. a replica of your business license
2. Company statement of the newest 6 months
3. tax Return (ITR)
4. For foreign students on F1 visas:
5. Valid I-20
6. Reference letter from the tutorial institution (school/college/university) stating that you simply are in good standing, your major and therefore the expected date of graduation.
For foreign students within the US on F1 visas:
1. Valid I-20
2. Reference letter from the tutorial institution (school/college/university) within the US, stating that you simply are in good standing, you’re major and therefore the expected date of graduation.
1. Pension statement of the newest 6 months
If unemployed and married to a Europe citizen:
1. A recent (less than 3 months old) Confirmation of Employment letter from their spouse’s employer stating the position held within the corporate also because the starting date,
2. Spouse’s valid passport
3. A politician marriage certificate.
Required documents for visa application for underage children
1. Original certificate
2. Signed travel consent from both parents
3. If one parent isn't located within the us they ought to submit their signed consent to the Embassy/Consulate of their residing country
How to Apply for a Schengen Visa within the US?
You will need to follow a step-by-step guideline to use for a Schengen visa. The appliance procedure for a Schengen visa within the US is pretty almost like that in every other country within the world.
In order to use for a Schengen visa within the US you want to follow these steps:
· Decide which type of Schengen Visa is suitable to you. There are different Schengen visa types counting on your purpose of travelling from the USA to Europe.
· Find out where you would like to use for a Schengen visa within the US. Concentrate to the embassy/consulate / VAC of which country you would like to use at, also as under the jurisdiction of which you fall.
· Decide when to use for a Schengen visa within the US.
· Collect the specified Schengen visa documents for US residents.
· Appoint an interview at Schengen visa application centre within the US. counting on the country, you'll make a meeting online, by phone, or face to face .
· On based on appointment you should have to attend the interview. Show abreast of time and check out to not be nervous. Remember that the interview may be a crucial a part of your visa application.
· Pay the visa fee. All Schengen countries have synchronized and fixed visa fees.
· Wait for the processing of your visa. After the interview, you'll need to await at the most 15 days, for a response on your application.
If your Schengen visa is approved
If you get your visa, confirm to know carefully the labels attached to the visa sticker, including the amount it permits you to stay in Europe, otherwise, overstaying within the Schengen Area may need consequences.
The articles the way to find cheap flights from the US to Europe and What does one got to pack when travelling from the US to Europe will assist you not just to save lots of money but also to possess a more pleasant journey to Europe.
If your Schengen visa gets rejected
If your visa application gets denied, read the rationale why they didn’t grant you a visa and check out to fulfil it subsequent time you apply for a Schengen visa within the US or if you think that that your application was correct, and therefore the decision on its refusal was an error , you'll always appeal the visa rejection at the embassy/consulate of the Schengen country within the us .
Where to use for a Schengen Visa within the US?
Based on your reason and/or days need to spend in Europe – there are specifications that further clarify at which Embassy or Consulate within the US you ought to apply.
1. If visiting one Schengen country – you want to apply at the Embassy or Consulate representing the actual country of your destination.
2. If visiting quite one Schengen country – you want to apply at the Embassy or Consulate representing the country of your main destination (the country of longest stay).
3. If visiting quite one Schengen country with equal stay duration – you want to apply at the Embassy or Consulate representing the Schengen country you'll enter first.
4. If you plan to remain within the Schengen Area for over 90 days, you want to apply for a long-stay visa, not a Schengen visa.
When to use for a Schengen Visa from the US?
The allowed period to use for a Schengen visa within the US is as follows:
1. The earliest you'll file a visa application: three months before you begin your planned trip.
2. The newest you'll file a visa application: at the most 15 working days before you plan to travel.
3. The recommended time to file a visa application: a minimum of three weeks before your trip.
*Caution: When applying for a Schengen visa within the US during summer or winter seasons, take care and/or plan your visit earlier, as these are the months when Embassies receive the very best numbers of applications – consequently, taking longer to finish the visa processing!
Schengen Visa Fees for the US Residents
The costs of a Schengen visa application within the USA may vary from $41 for youngsters aged between 6 and 12 to $70 for adults (depending on currency fluctuations).
Schengen Visa Category (by age) Fee (USD*) Fee (EUR)
Adult $70 60€
Child between 6-12 years of age $41 35€
Child younger than 6 years of age Free Free
The applicable visa fee in USD (US Dollar) is as per the present rate of exchange. It’s subject to vary all of sudden.
Published by Emma Meghan