Who can apply Switzerland Visa from United States?
All non-citizens of United States who wants a visa to enter the Schengen Countries, who have domicile status within the America (e.g. Green Card holders; H1B, F1 (I-20), J1, G1, etc.). With three (3) months validity after coming back from Switzerland. If your America visa has expired, please have it renewed before applying.
You should apply for a visa at the Embassy of Swiss within the United States if:
1. Switzerland is that the only Schengen country you propose on visiting
2. Switzerland is your main destination (the country you'll be staying the longest in)
3. Switzerland is that the first Schengen country you're visiting
In case you propose on staying in Switzerland for quite 90 days you want to apply for a residency permit, not a Switzerland Schengen visa.
Please, note that if you're not a resident within the America you ought to apply at the Switzerland Embassy in your country of residence.
Required documents and process to Apply Switzerland Visa for US residents
The following list of documents are required so as to get a Switzerland visa within the US:
1. A legitimate passport or Travel document. Please confirm that:
• Your passport – expire date not should be more than 10 Years,
• Your passport should have at least 2 full blank pages, one for the visa stamp and a further spare page,
• Your passport should have at least three months validity date after the date you exit the Schengen Countries.
2. Original of valid American alien registration card (residence permit aka. Green Card) or valid US residence visa must be presented.
• The American residence Visa or permit should be valid a minimum of three months beyond the intended departure from the territory of the Schengen Member States.
3. One form (please see below) filled out completely and signed by the applicant (please read the reasons carefully).
4. One passport format photo that features a light background, is brightly colored and shows full face features. The photo must be but three months old and be glued on the appliance form. If your Application contains stapled photographs are going to be rejected.
5. A canopy letter that explains the aim of the visit to Switzerland
6. Proof of travel arrangements: trip Dummy Flight Ticket or other proof of intended transport and complete itinerary of your visit to Switzerland.
7. Travel insurance for Switzerland – stating that you simply are covered just in case of a medical emergency and repatriation not just in Switzerland, but within the whole Schengen zone (minimum coverage of € 30.000).
8. Proof of accommodation in Switzerland:
• Proof of a hotel booking confirmation or rental or
• Invitation from your Swiss host (family member, friend) alongside a replica of their passport or ID (Proof of sponsorship if dependent)
Proof of monetary subsistence:
As the European Commission informs, consistent with Swiss Aliens Act of 16 December 2005 (RS 142.20), a far off national who wants to enter and reside within the territory of Switzerland must be ready to attest owning a minimum of 100 CHF or 92.34€/day on his disposition during its stay in Switzerland, while, just in case the foreigner may be a student possessing a legitimate student ID this amount reduces to 30 CHF or 27.70€/day. A foreigner is obliged to supply such proof of sufficient financial means, the instant applying for a Swiss Visa to Swiss Embassy or Consulate within the us .
1. Employment contract
2. Current statement of the newest 6 months
3. Leave permission from the employer
4. Income Tax Returns form or Certificate of tax deducted
For the self-employed:
1. A replica of your business license
2. Company statement of the newest 6 months
3. Tax Return (ITR)
For foreign students on F1 visas:
1. Valid I-20
2. Reference letter from the tutorial institution (school/college/university) stating that you simply are in good standing, your major and therefore the expected date of graduation.
Pension statement of the newest 6 months
If unemployed and married to an EU citizen:
1. A recent Confirmation of Joining letter from their spouse’s employer stating the position held within the corporate also because the starting date,
2. Spouse’s valid passport
3. An officially translated marriage certificate. The interpretation must be in English, German, French or Italian and must be certified as a real copy by the Embassy of the country where the wedding happened.
Required documents for visa application for underage children
1. Original certificate among others.
2. Signed travel consent from both parents
• If one parent isn't located within the America they ought to submit their signed consent to Swiss Embassy/Consulate of their residing country
Where and the way to use for a Swiss Visa within the US?
Swiss consular services are available through its Embassy in Washington and Consulates in Atlanta, ny and San Francisco.
All Swiss Missions within the United States, require that you simply schedule a meeting so as to use for a visa. Appointments need to be booked via a free online appointment system. Apart from rare instances, you've got to submit your application face to face.
Switzerland Visa Appointment Requirements for US Residents
Embassy of Switzerland in Washington
The Swiss Embassy in Washington accepts only visa applications from residents of District of Columbia (DC), Delaware (DE), Kentucky (KY), Maryland (MD), Virginia (VA), West Virginia (WV), Northern Mariana Islands (MP), and Guam (GU)
Consulate General of Switzerland in Atlanta
The Switzerland Consulate in Atlanta accepts only visa applications from residents of Alabama (AL), Arkansas (AR), Florida (FL), Georgia (GA), Louisiana (LA), Mississippi (MS), North Carolina (NC), Oklahoma (OK), South Carolina (SC), Tennessee (TN), Texas (TX), Cayman Islands.
Consulate General of Switzerland in NY
The Swiss Consulate in NY accepts visa applications from residents of the states of latest York (NY), Connecticut (CT), Vermont (VT), New Hampshire (NH), Massachusetts (MA), New Jersey (NJ), Maine (ME), Pennsylvania (PA), Puerto Rico, Rhode Island (RI), Bermuda, US Virgin Islands
Consulate General of Switzerland in San Francisco
The Switzerland Consulate General in San Francisco accepts only visa applications from residents of Alaska (AK), New Mexico (NM), Arizona (AZ), Montana (MT), Utah (UT), California (CA), Hawaii (HI), Colorado (CO), Idaho (ID), Nevada (NV), Oregon (OR), Wyoming (WY) and Washington (WA).
Published by Emma Meghan