21 is such a pinnacle moment in anyone’s life. You probably imagined that by now, your life would be fully together and you would be living the dream. Now you’re here, 21 isn’t exactly what younger you had in mind.
But, all is not lost and it isn’t as bad as it seems.
Here are 21 things I’ve learnt after spending 21 years on this planet!
- Laughter will always be the best medicine
- Be the friend you would want to have
- It OK not to like something just because everyone else does
- Quality family time is so important
- Stupid people especially boys are 100% not worth your time or effort (ok, I haven’t quite learnt that one just yet)
- You don't have to be happy 24/7
- Over-thinking ruins your life. Don't do it
- Mistakes can be the best things to ever happen to you
- Pretty much everyone fears the future
- Don’t give yourself such a hard time. You are not a robot
- Crying doesn’t mean you are weak
- Aim to do something you love for the rest of your life no matter what people think. Least you can say you tried, right?
- Forgive people and let grudges go
- Literally do what you want, as long as it doesn’t hurt or offend someone. Do it
- The past has happened and there is nothing you can do about it
- Your parents are always right. No matter how annoying that is
- Failure isn’t the end of the world
- It’s always good to tell people how much you value and love them
- If you don’t like something, change it
- Never, ever compare yourself to anyone. You are you, and that is the best thing in the world
And this last one is something I wish I had learnt a long time ago...
21. Happiness is a choice and you should always choose it.
Published by Emma Stoker