For those of you who regularly read my blogs, they have really been a disappointment this past week…I was going through a tantrum time and really needed a nap and to be sent to my room, which never happened until the last 24 hours.

So, with a deep breath after the tantrum, a literal red cape (I refuse to turn the furnace on yet!), and in my jeans and tee shirt, I am finally back.  I am struggling to regain control of my life in so many areas.  You see, the problem is balance.  When I follow my own directives and go with “balance”, life gets really screwed up!

So, with the “balance” theme, seven days ago, with an unexpected text on Saturday morning came an invitation to meet with someone I had been waiting to hear from for several weeks, but it had to be at the Oberlin Farm Market which was open for only a little over 2 more hours.  I was still in bed–sleeping in, trying to get the rest so I would not need the “nap”–had to shower, grab some nutrition, and drive 45 minutes, but I did it.  Had the meeting with 2 people I needed to meet for a 2017 venture when I move to Oberlin–successful, and I did all of my local, organic shopping at the same time!  But while there, I received a phone call from my daughter-in-law with the wonderful question, “What are you doing tomorrow morning?”  Carefully answering, it resulted in an invitation to go with her and my two grandsons — 29 months and 7 months– to the Lego Fest…  In case you have never been to a Lego Fest, and this was my first, it is a place for 29 month olds to run like crazy and play on solid cement floors with Legos for hours, not stopping until forced to eat and then leave.    So much for balance; it leads to exhaustion!  In between the Oberlin Farm Market and the Lego Fest, mundane chores like cooking all the natural foods from the Farm Market, and doing laundry for the upcoming marathon week…And that was just the weekend.

And then Election Day, which I promised myself I would not watch the returns, but I did.  Then another surprise meeting opportunity which will expand my coaching into assisting an ADHD Coach with her clients on financial matters.  The meeting was with a holistic practitioner who is also going to be on the team, which led to a wonderful introduction to a healthy aging tool, and more introductions and meetings.  Then, this is still Wednesday, it was time to visit my Sprint store to upgrade to the iPhone 7.  I spent three hours in that venture, and I always forget that this is never cheap, and it was not, but I walked alway with a new iPad and the iPhone 7, both of which were upgrades I needed.  My three year old Samsung tablet which was presenting issues on not being able to accept upgrades and apps has now been wiped clean and prepared with games for a three-year old human named Liam.  He will be so thrilled tomorrow!  All he knows is that it is an “IPAD”.  Whew!

Then that same Wednesday evening was the monthly gathering of my newest women’s networking group in Lorain County, Ohio.  This six month old group is growing beautifully, and the noise level in the room is my truest indicator that the group is becoming successful for each of the members…

Finally, Thursday arrives, with another 7:30 AM Event which was a semi-annual event on the beautiful Rocky River coast, and many more contacts to focus on.  On to a 10 AM meeting with a local banker, followed by a stop at a local merchant whose products I love in Rocky River, connecting with a candle maker who only uses the healthy stuff for candles!  She will be connected to three of my members of my Westside networking group who deal in essential oils, reiki, and massages!  

And then the real fun began on Thursday…at about 12:30, ready to work, the escapade with Time Warner Cable began.  While I will not expend the energy to go through that again…it was disruptive from 12:30 to 10 PM that evening with diverse conversations with folks in the Philippines and Indonesia with no resolution until the local technician happened pos top in front of my house and informed me of what the problem was….and more and more.  That never resolved itself until Saturday morning with another two technicians coming to my home to finally get my WIFI stabilized and to update anything that Time Warner could update!

Friday was a slow day with almost two hours involved with the healthy aging venture followed my the normal three hours of creating one of the newsletters for the East networking group and then crashing.  

Then the Saturday crash took hold as I went off to an important business function when the Time Warner issue was resolved, and when I got home, I did crash…

Unfortunately, the blogs were a victim of this week…and the week starts over tomorrow, but I am really trying to redefine “balance” this week…please wish me well with that.  In the meantime, I am no longer in tantrum mode…

Published by Janice Marie