The Frightening Condition You Could Catch in Your Own Home Like 0 Twitter Sarah Williams Follow Jan. 11, 2019, 12:05 p.m. in Life and Styles Views: 542 Like us on facebook Our homes are our haven – the one space in a big and crazy world that we get to make entirely our own. Home is where we rest our heads, keep our valuables, and raise our families. Home means a lot of things to different people, but above all else, home is safe. Right? Most of us like to think so – as homeowners, we take pride in our home and its upkeep. But despite all we do, many homes unknowingly play host to a dangerous – sometimes deadly – guest: mold. Many homeowners mistakenly assume they only have to worry about mold after experiencing a water event like a flood or burst pipe, but in reality, mold can – and does – flourish in almost any damp, humid, or poorly ventilated area. Mold exposure can lead to serious health issues in both humans and animals, including a condition called Mycotoxicosis, and the only way to get rid of it is with fast and reliable mold remediation from a professional mold removal company. What is Mycotoxicosis? Mycotoxicosis is a disease caused by long term exposure to mycotoxins, which are produced by molds and other types of fungi. It can affect both animals and humans, and the results can range from mild cold-like symptoms to death. You could have mold growing in your home right now and not even know it, so it is important to know the symptoms of Mycotoxicosis. They can mimic many other illnesses, but if you know what to look for, it can help you keep your family and yourself healthy. Symptoms of Mycotoxicosis There are many different types of mycotoxins, so the symptoms of Mycotoxicosis can vary in each case depending on the types of mycotoxins involved, the amount of exposure, and the overall health of those exposed. Below are some the more common symptoms: · Itchy skin · Red, watery, and itchy eyes · Coughing · Wheezing · Flu-like symptoms · Headaches · Fever · Trouble breathing In addition to these symptoms, long term exposure to mycotoxins is also thought to lead to weakened immune systems, which can make you more susceptible to other diseases. If you or someone in your house is constantly getting sick without any apparent cause, Mycotoxicosis could be the culprit. It is also important to note that the symptoms and health implications of Mycotoxicosis will be more severe in those with compromised immune systems, asthma, the young, and the elderly. How to Cure Mycotoxicosis There are medications that can help treat the symptoms and other complications caused by long term exposure, but the only real way to cure Mycotoxicosis is to get rid of the mycotoxins; i.e. get rid of the mold. Otherwise, the symptoms will just return after the course of treatment ends – or worse ones could develop. Eliminating mold from your house can be tricky, especially because you don’t have to be able to see it in order for it to cause issues. Mold also reproduces be spreading microscopic spores, which can travel on a breeze and land anywhere. So even if you think you’ve gotten it all, there could well be millions more spores. Mold can also cause structural damage in large enough quantities, so it is best to deal with it as soon as you suspect an issue. For these reasons, mold removal is best left to the professionals. There are many specialty services out there to choose from; most will usually come out to your house and conduct a thorough inspection first, and then create a customized plan for your specific needs. Whichever you choose, fasting acting mold remediation is the best cure against Mycotoxicosis. Don’t waste time! Published by Sarah Williams Share Mail Messenger Twitter Pinterest Linkedin Comments Related Article Life and Styles DEAR WOMEN Life and Styles Escape from the BS Life and Styles It Is Still August Right?