When the first Livestream happened in 1993, not many people would have imagined that virtual events would become the norm. Fast forward 27 years, online events have kept the world largely connected amidst the chaos of lockdown, social distancing, and even isolation.
Moving events online has other benefits that make them viable even after the pandemic subsides. They not only reduce the carbon footprints but also significantly cut down the costs. Besides, a wider audience can attend virtual events as they are not restricted by a geographic location.
If you’re fairly new to this, you must be wondering, “how to host an online event”? In this blog post, you will learn exactly how. Right from choosing an online event management software to promoting the event!
Have a look:
1. Formulate a Plan
Every online event, big or small, must have a strategy. Begin by planning the key concept and goal and take it from there.
To manage a successful online event, ask yourself these questions:
· Will the online event be on-demand, live, or both?
· What kind of virtual experience would the event deliver?
· Where should you post the content?
· Would the access be free or gated?
· What will be the key performance indicators of this event?
2. Select the Right Platform
When searching for an online event management software, analyze the pros and cons carefully. Some of the features to look for are survey and recording capabilities, video and sound quality, the number of attendees permitted, etc.
With a virtual event management platform like Beetsol, you get all that and other exciting features such as:
· An event builder that lets you launch an event in just three steps
· Customized links to share your upcoming event on social media platforms
· Curated reports highlighting important information and data for your online event
· Relay your registrant data to Marketo, HubSpot, MS Dynamics, and Salesforce
3. Pick the Right Date
Do a little research to ensure that there are no holidays or competing events. Before “saving the date”, you should also consider the time zones to manage a successful online event. Especially for a global event, try making it accessible for as many followers and customers as possible.
You may also plan multiple sessions, record them, and present them to people in different time zones.
4. Promote the Event
Irrespective of how great your online event is going to be, without drawing in the attendees it cannot be called a success. A virtual event platform like Beetsol helps you share event details via social media and email.
Besides, you can run ads on various social platforms and Google by strategically choosing your target audience. Ensure that your value proposition is clear.
It could be:
- An opportunity to network
- Skill sharing
- Listening to a noteworthy speaker
5. Prepare for Technical Hitches
Make sure that the online event management software you choose has a strong tech support team to help you with technical problems during the event. Better yet, help you identify issues beforehand and eliminate them.
By following the above steps, you can effortlessly host and manage a successful online event.
Published by Eric Foley