Jasmine is usually associated with love, joy, happiness, and the white blossoms have religious association. Being a native of Northern Africa and South Asia, jasmines have a universal and traditional appeal for their aroma extracts.
Initially, they are green in color, but the "lady of the night" turns white as the flower matures. Night-blooming Jasmine is scientifically termed Cestrum nocturnum and is also locally called the Queen of the night because it blooms only at night. The significant characteristic of these flowers is their strong fragrance. It falls in the category of the ornamental flower, and at present cultivated as a medicinal plant.
Preparing Night Blooming Jasmine Essential Oil
The aroma of night-blooming Jasmine, extracted in the form of essential oil, has a warm sweet, and exotic appeal. The most interesting fact about this essential oil is that it is not distilled, like other flowers, but used in a highly concentrated form. The oil is prepared from freshly picked petals. There are over 200 varieties of Jasmine, and owing to their superior fragrance, it adds an extra edge to the health benefits.
Health Benefits of using Night Blooming Jasmine Essential Oil
It is a proven scientific fact that essential oils have numerous health benefits, and so do Night Blooming Jasmine Essential Oil.
· Night Blooming Jasmine Essential Oil acts as an antidepressant if used in the form of aromatherapy.
· It also helps to increase blood oxygen saturation, breathing rate and blood pressure.
· Its use for the treatment of menopause relief is nothing new. The oil helps to treat hot flashes and mood swings.
· It can be used in combination with other essential oils such as lavender and rose for an aromatherapy massage.
· Night Blooming Jasmine Essential Oil has a traditional use of antiseptic and is applied to burns and skin inflammation.
· It helps to reduce inflammation in joints due to arthritis.
· Having antispasmodic and antimalarial properties, this essential oil is used for treating epilepsy syndromes and malaria.
Where to apply the essential oil?
Owing to its aromatic properties, you can apply it to the wrist and neck. It can be used in a diffuser or inhaled directly from the bottle. You can also intake it in the form of aromatic steam by adding just a drop in a hot bowl of water or use it in your warm bathwater.
Night Blooming Jasmine Essential Oil is absolutely safe to use and also non-irritating. But, as a precaution, you must always dilute it before applying it to your skin.
Published by Essential Oil Wizardry