Fences are a requirement not just for establishing a physical bond to your boundaries, but also it serves as protection from stray animals and uninvited guests. They are made out of several materials like wood, wooden fences are popular fence material that is available as the colorbond fencing supplies in the market and have been used widely throughout the history of man, concrete another popular material choice is a favourite choice due to its sturdiness and durability.
Now in the modern age, there are several new materials for use in building fences, common metals are often used in the building of fences in urban areas, wood and concrete still are popular choices in the market due to their unique characteristics; wood being cheaper and concrete in its high strength and durability.
One such popular choice in the market, for fence building materials, is the colorbond fences which is very popular in Australia.
What Are Colorbond Fences?
Made from colorbond steel, colour bond fences are pre-painted during production according to the relevant state standards. Its inner base is composed of Zinclumane steel. It possesses high resistance to corrosion due to the steel being coated in a mixture of zinc and aluminium. Colorbond steel comes as a process of colour coating the zincalume steel with a special colour coat. The steel is then processed further by pressing into various profiles or designs to make them suitable for the application of building a fence.
Benefits to Colorbond Fencing
- It is very resistant to corrosion. It can still get corroded but its unusually high level of resistance makes corrosion quite a difficult job on this material.
- Very easy to clean, the use of a hose is enough to clean it off most dirt.
- Very resistant to fire. It is great in shielding one from bush fires.
- Unlike wood that requires frequent maintenance to prevent rotting and termite infestation, colorbond fences do not rot or host termites.
- It is available in different styles and colours to suit your home or house aesthetics features.
- It is quite durable and sturdy so you don't have to be concerned about your security and privacy.
- Very easy to install. The fence is designed for a modular system making it quicker and easier to install the fence compared to some other materials. This can save you on expenses that would come when hiring an expert to set it up.
- It requires less time to install.
Where to Buy?
Most popular fencing materials like wood and concrete would demand additional services after the procurement of said materials, but colorbond fences are available as ready-made fences that you can install all on your own.
Buy your colorbond fencing supplies from your local supplier, large hardware stores often have colorbond fencing supplies which you can buy and have it installed in your own property.
Due to its easy installation process, you can attempt at installing colorbond fences on your own, doing it DIY will save you a lot in terms of expenses which would arise if you were to hire professionals to assist in its installation, although if you require to fence over a slope, things could get tricky there and if you feel you aren't up to the task you can hire the help of a professional or hire labours from the colorbond fencing supplies instead as this would prevent any accidental damage to happen to the material or to yourself.
You can also purchase colorbond fencing supplies online, some sites sell them at discounted rates and might also provide free shipping. A quick research on the net would suffice to see for available offers currently.
Published by Evan Javier