Some people are clueless when it comes to the signs and symptoms of impacted wisdom teeth. Not many people are aware of the signs that show you are suffering from impacted teeth that need extraction. Are you also one of the people that are not able to identify in the initial stage due to a lack of knowledge of impacted teeth signs? Then you should know this article is going to be a great help for you in understanding more about wisdom teeth and their extraction. If you are one of the people interested in knowing more about wisdom teeth extraction then make sure to read this article till the end.
What is an impacted wisdom tooth?
Impacted wisdom teeth are a tooth that has not erupted fully due to the blockage of
gum tissue. Wisdom teeth are third molars teeth that developed as the last teeth in your mouth which may partially erupt but are not able to erupt properly due to crowded teeth and lack of enough space.
What are the symptoms that impact wisdom teeth?
We have found from studies that impacted wisdom teeth become infected or damaged and cause other more serious health complications. We have mentioned signs that show you need a tooth extraction:
- Swollen gums
- Tender gums
- Bleeding gums
- Jaw pain
- Swelling around the jaw
- Bad breath
- Bad taste in the mouth
- Problem opening your mouth
What is the process of wisdom tooth extraction?
The procedure of wisdom teeth removal involves some steps that are mentioned below for your understanding so do make sure of reading these steps carefully:
- Your dentist will use local or general anesthesia depending on the severity of the wisdom tooth and your comfort level.
- Your dentist is going to cut the gum tissue for revealing the tooth and bone
- Your oral surgeon then removes the bone that’s blocking the area of the tooth root
- Then make separation into a few sections for the easy removal of teeth.
- Then your dentist divides the tooth into sections if it's easier to remove in pieces
- Then your dentist will clean the area of removed teeth for removing any stuck debris from the tooth or bone
- Your dentist will stitch the wound to close it to promote healing.
- Lastly, your dentist will place gauze over the extraction area of the tooth for controlling the bleeding.
What are the complications or risks caused by impacted wisdom teeth?
If you’ll avoid wisdom teeth extraction there can be several health complications you can face. We have mentioned some complications caused by impacted wisdom teeth that show you need to visit the dentist as soon as possible for wisdom tooth extraction.
- Pain in tooth
- Stuck food and debris around the wisdom tooth
- Gum disease such as periodontal disease
- Witnessed tooth decay in wisdom tooth
- Damage tooth or the surrounding bone
- Formation of cyst around the wisdom tooth
We hope you liked this article and it was somewhere a help for you in knowing more about impacted wisdom tooth extraction. If you are someone searching for a dentist near me, then you can simply visit our website for the best dentist that is ready to offer you premium dental services with hygiene.
Published by Flack Flores