We all like a little junk, right?
A little junk in our trunk, however, is not-so-appealing.
That's why it is important to find a balance. Live a balanced lifestyle, eat a balanced diet. Eat a couple oreos, but not the whole sleeve. Drink a coca-cola, but also eat a salad. Ride your bike daily, but take a day to simply relax.
And don't be afraid to make some crappy food choices every once in a while...
'Cause who wants to deny themselves of deliciousness?
With all that being said, here are some healthier options for when you don't want to eat 1000 calories of cocoa pebbles but the chocolate cravings JUST. WON'T. GO. AWAY!
Of course, I'm limiting this post to vegan junk foods because... Well, because I'm vegan. But don't let that fact scare you away if you enjoy meat and dairy! I'm sure you'll find this list helpful in some way!
Below are some junk foods I bet you didn't even realize were vegan.
Junky Vegan Food & Better Alternatives:
- Healthy Brownie Recipe: http://minimalistbaker.com/vegan-gluten-free-black-bean-brownies/
- Healthy Oreo Recipe: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/10/24/healthy-oreos/
- Healthy Kettle Corn Recipe: http://hellyeahitsvegan.com/cinnamon-kettle-corn/
- Healthy Fruit leather: http://www.momables.com/how-to-make-fruit-leather/
Barbeque Lay’s Potato Chips
- Healthy Potato Chips: http://www.homecookingadventure.com/recipes/homemade-baked-potato-chips
- Healthy Chocolate Syrup: http://cookinglsl.com/vegan-chocolate-syrup-and-dairy-free-sundaes/
- Healthy Pudding: http://hellyeahitsvegan.com/vegan-vanilla-pudding/
Mac & Cheese
- Healthy Mac & Cheese: https://cookingwithplants.com/recipe/vegan-mac-cheese-recipe/
Greasy French Fries
- Healthy Fries: https://cookingwithplants.com/recipe/no-oil-seasoned-oven-fries/
I hope you check out the links I shared!
Check out more food posts on my blog, Geauxgeeg.com
Published by Gigi Nally