Windows crashes many times and the system will not start despite your best efforts. What should one do in such a situation? This is an opportunity to fix the problem for those who are often worried about Windows crashing or not starting. You can solve all the problems mentioned above by using Recovery Console in Windows XP. office.com/setup
What's a Recovery Console?
To recover your files, system and documents, you will need to inspect your system for corrupt files that may be preventing Windows from working properly. Recovery Console is used for the same purpose. Recovery Console allows an administrator to find files and drives that are corrupt and to remove them. This will allow the system to restart. Although it is simple to use, Microsoft recommends that advanced users only use this mode of recovering in order to avoid losing important documents or files. If the other options have failed, you should use Recovery Console as an alternative. This mode of recovery can only be used by the administrator. The Recovery Console can be used to format drives, write data on local drives, enable or disable services, and other administrative tasks. The Recovery Console is especially useful when you need to reconfigure files or service that prevent windows from starting.
How do I install Recovery Console?
You will need a Windows XP DVD in order to install Recovery Console. You should always ensure that the CD you are using is the same or better version than the one installed on your computer. SP3 will be the best choice. Follow these steps to install Recovery console once you have received the CD.
- Place the CD in the CD-ROM Drive.
- Click on "Run" and go to "Start".
- Type d:i386winnt32.exe/cmdcons in the text box to indicate where you would like to donate the CD-ROM drive.
- This will bring up the Windows Setup dialog box.The Recovery Console option will appear in the dialogue box. To install, click 'Yes'.
- Now, restart your computer.You will now see the option "Microsoft Windows Recovery console" in your start-up menu.
Recovery Console is now installed and ready for use
How do you use Recovery Console?
- After restarting your computer, you'll see the "Welcome To Setup" screen.To enter the recovery console mode press 'R.
- Depending on which type of boot your computer supports (dual, multiple), you can choose to install through the recovery console.
- The administrator password will be required.Normal, default mode does not have a password for the administrator account. If you have created a password, enter it or press 'Enter.
- The command prompt will open.Just type the commands to repair or diagnose Windows XP. Note: If you don't know what the commands are, just type'recovery console command' or 'help' into the command prompt. The entire list of commands will be displayed. To find out the details of these commands, you can also type "help command-name" in the prompt to see the details.
- After you're done with the repair or resolution work using the recovery console click 'Exit' and hit 'Enter.
- Restart your computer by turning off the power. www.office.com/myaccount
Published by graceedens