As I lay here on the couch nursing my food baby, I realize I should take some time and reflect on the true meaning of Thanksgiving: to give thanks. It's not about the food or the shopping, but taking some time to truly realize how blessed you are. So here are 10 things I am thankful for this year, and every year:
- My family who puts up with me when I'm being silly, takes care of me when I'm down, and loves me unconditionally.
- My friends for all the same reasons, but they choose to love me even when they don't have to.
- My cat because she's the best thing that's ever happened to me.
- For the people who work hard everyday to make this planet more loving and accepting of everyone who inhabits it
- The fact that I never have to worry about where my next meal is coming from
- My bed for always being there for me (love you bb)
- Every single person who has ever done something kind for me.
- Leonardo DiCaprio
- My parent's netflix acount
- And finally... Girls who give you compliments in the bathroom
Of course there will always be more things that I'm thankful for, but this is the most important, and possibly the most basic, list. So, what are you thankful for?
Published by Holly Thompson