Why do they call it Labor Day?? After enjoying a really lazy weekend already, this morning my family has slept in, sipped our coffee, and had a FaceTime chat with family–no labor here! Okay, so we are actually planning on spending the rest of our day packing up to move in a couple of weeks so our lazy weekend is coming to a close. Looks like we will be spending the holiday working after all!
But if you aren’t looking to work this Labor Day, here are 50 last-minute fun ideas for family time if you are still looking for plans!
- Go on a picnic.
- Bake summery desserts to enjoy for the last few days of warm weather (or make popsicles!)
- Organize a scavenger hunt around your home or, even better, around town!
- Build an indoor fort.
- Build an outdoor clubhouse.
- Go for a bike ride through the park.
- Invite friends and family for a barbecue.
- Play capture the flag.
- Go out and explore the Labor Day sales.
- Make a slip ‘n’ slide.
- Have a movie marathon of your favorite series or trilogy.
- Work a 1,000 piece puzzle, or everyone work a smaller one and have a race.
- Plant a garden.
- Go to a national park near you.
- Learn to play a new board game–or teach the kids!
- Go bowling.
- Host a video game tournament.
- Make a pancake breakfast–for dinner!
- Make your own bubbles.
- Watch old home movies.
- Make a movie.
- Have an afternoon tea party.
- Go swimming.
- Go fishing.
- Teach the kids a useful skill, but make it fun!
- Visit nearby family.
- Host a talent show.
- Update your family photo–take a goofy one, too!
- Have a painting party.
- Set up an outdoor olympics.
- Have a family Bible study.
- Go to an arcade.
- Play kickball.
- Have a jam session or write a song together!
- Play charades.
- Go to a farmer’s market and try something new.
- Have a corn hole tournament.
- Take a trip to the mountains.
- Take a trip to the beach.
- Play mini golf.
- Organize a game of ultimate frisbee.
- Work on a DIY together.
- Visit a museum.
- Go on a nature hike.
- Make homemade ice cream.
- Build a tree swing.
- Have a yard sale.
- Play baseball.
- Decorate the house for fall.
- Enjoy doing nothing at all!
How are you spending your Labor Day?
(Photo courtesy of euclidlibrary.org)
Originally posted on Huntressathome.com
Published by Huntress At Home