What is the evolutionary history of the 3G modem?
The 3G modem is based on all-IP infrastructure and offers more network security as compared to 2G predecessors. The research of 3G modem routers started in the early 1980s. People were not familiar with the device until 2003. After 2003, there was an increase in the adoption rate of the 3G modems. After 2007, there was a massive increase in users of 3G modems. With a block cipher technique, the 3G modem has resolved the problem of end-to-end security. The device was introduced as a technological upgrade for 2.5 GPRS. With this advanced technology, the user can get access to several Mbits and use them on multiple devices.
How does a 3G router work?
A 3G modem is a device that enables hardware devices to connect to the internet via a broadband connection. The internet connection uses airwaves to send and receive data. A 3G modem device uses UMTS and CDMA standard features that allow multiple devices to be compatible with each other. This device mainly works for desktop computers as a primary internet connection. 3G modem has a data limit, the user is restricted to consumer a certain amount of data.
What impressive features does a 3G modem have?
- Traffic handling: 3G modems can handle a high amount of traffic efficiently. The modem creates small packets of data and chooses the most convenient path to transmit the data. The small data packets take less time to load the data and can transfer the data fast. Larger packets can take more time and can cause traffic congestion.
- Advanced technology: A 3G modem has advanced technology such as R99, HSPA, and High-Speed Downlink Packet Access. R99 allows the modem to transmit 384 kbps data. With high uploading and downloading speed, the user can easily transmit files over the server.
- Asynchronous Transfer Mode: Asynchronous Transfer Mode is a standard that defines the transmission type of traffic of any data type. Whether it is audio, video, text, or any other form of data. The ATM standard allows the modem to transmit the data successfully. The ATM uses WAN technology to switch and communicate information to the destination. The recurrence of cells depends on the bit rate.
- Overhead: A 3G modem is a modern solution that uses overhead features. This feature leverages the bandwidth amount and fills the bits within the IuB protocol to enhance compressibility. The 3G modem aggregates smaller packets and reduces the number of PPS in small data packets.
Benefits of using a 3G modem
- Convenience: The advantage of using a 3G modem is that it is compact. The device can fit easily in small places. As the modem is simple to configure, the user can create his local area network. A 3G modem is compatible with smartphones, tablets, laptops, and other devices.
- Ability to create multiple subnets: With a 3G modem, a user can access the internet connection simultaneously on different devices. A 3G modem can be connected to around 10 devices at a time.
- Secure connection: A 3G modem has a built-in firewall that prevents external attacks. As the modem connects hardware devices to a network, there is a wide range of security concerns. Hackers can try various methods to get into the network and access your data. With the firewall feature, the user can protect his local area network from unauthorized access.
- Autonomy: As the 3G modem can work without an electric connection, the user does not have to worry about the battery timing. It has built-in high-quality batteries that enable the device to work for a long time efficiently.
Why choosing modem over routers is a good choice?
- Battery Life: With sustainable battery life, a 3G modem can work more effectively. With a portable 3G modem, the user can take it anywhere and charge it by connecting it to the laptop or computer.
- Flexibility: A user can connect and use the router with any hardware device. Whether it is a phone, tablet, desktop, or laptop. A 3G router can work with all of them. The user can connect it with a laptop and use it even if the battery is low.
- Price: A 3G modem has a competitive price as compared to traditional routers. The device has an average working capacity of 5 to 6 hours and can work till 12 hours expectedly. The user can select from the plans the price he thinks is most suitable and use the modem accordingly.
- Technology: As the technology is evolving, a 3G modem uses advanced standards fr transmitting data. The standards help in maintaining a secure connection while the data is being transferred. The 3G modems have firewalls that alert the user when any unauthorized user tries to access the network.
How to manage a 3G modem?
A 3G modem uses a fixed cellular interface to manage the configurations. The 3G modem channelizes an Ethernet interface that works with datalink layers to transmit data. For managing a 3G modem the user has to follow the guidelines as mentioned in the manual. The user should not interrupt the modem during the transmission mode. In cases where the modem is not able to transmit data or is taking more time to load the data packets. The user can try shutting down the modem and restarting it.
Published by Intercel