Dark Mode has now become a common feature that you can find in almost all the applications and devices. It is a great feature that helps the users to reduce eye strain, and it also gives a sleek look to your devices. Along with this, it also saves the battery on your devices. In today’s time, we all spend plenty of our time using our devices for different purposes. And somehow, it affects our health badly and especially our eyes. So, in this case, it becomes quite essential to enable the Dark Mode on our devices. Enabling this feature on smartphones follows a different procedure as compared to doing it on the computer systems. And not all operating systems support this functionality. But, if you use the Windows 10 operating system on your computer, then luckily, you can activate this feature.
Windows 10 has always been one of the most popular and commonly used operating systems among its users. The main reason for its popularity is the features that it provides to its users. And if you are also one of its users and are here to know the procedures for enabling the dark theme on your Windows 10 computer, then luckily, you are on the right spot now. Here, in our following article, we have mentioned the techniques that you will need to follow to enable the feature. So, to know more in this regard, please keep reading the article.
Enabling the Dark Mode on Windows 10 Computer
There are a lot of Windows 10 users who do not know the methods to enable the Dark Mode on their computer. The Dark Mode is a setting that turns the bright white screen of your device a little dark so that it’s easier to work with them. When you enable this setting, most of the apps and features on your device will have a white text with a black or grey background. Activating this feature on your Windows 10 computer is not any complicated task to accomplish. It follows a much easier way to do so. To provide you with a better understanding of the method, we have mentioned the procedure step-by-step. And to enable the Dark Mode theme on your Windows 10 computer system, you must go through the following steps. The whole process will not take much of your time.
So, if you want to enable this setting on your Windows 10 computer, please take a look at the below-mentioned steps:
Steps to Turn on the Dark Mode on Windows 10
Here are the steps to enable the Dark Mode on Windows 10 computer:
- To start enabling the setting, first of all, you will need to click on the “Start” button on your computer. And then select the option of “Settings”.
- On the Settings screen, select the “Personalisation” option.
- Now, go to the left pane and click on “Colours”. Here, you will find two Dark Mode settings to enable. You can choose any of them as per your choice.
- After reaching the “Choose your default app mode” section, you will need to select the option of “Dark”. After this, the Dark Mode will be enabled for many basic settings.
- And now, go to “Choose your default app mode” screen and click on “Dark”. This will automatically activate the Dark Mode in many apps.
Steps to Turn on the Dark Mode for any Specific App on Windows 10 Computer
If you have turned on the Dark Mode on your computer, but find that some apps don’t turn dark, then you can enable the setting for any specific app. Here’s how this works:
- For instance, if you want to turn on the Dark Mode in Microsoft Office apps, open any app like Word, Excel, or Powerpoint.
- And then, go to the “File” tab and click on “Options”.
- There, in the “General” tab, click on the section “Personalise your copy of Microsoft Office”.
- Go to the drop-down menu and select the “Office Theme” option.
- After this, you will be provided with two options, including “Dark Grey” and “Black”. Click on any of the options.
- Save the settings by clicking on the option of “Ok”. And that’s all.
So, this way, you can activate the Dark Mode on your Windows 10 computer. Take some time and try these procedures to personalize your experience. And to stay updated, please visit our website.
Source:- Enable Dark Mode on Your Windows 10
Published by Jack thomson