Yes, it is Monday, and, yes, there is a lot to do, whether it is personal or professional, but can you limit yourself to doing only one thing at a time?
You may know of the Pareto Principle, or the 80/20 rule. 80% of sales, and we are all in sales, personally or professionally, come from 20% of your activity.
In a recent Mother Earth Living publication, there was reference to limits to set on yourself to make your life more productive:
- Only One Goal: More than that, focus and energy are lost.
- Two times a day to check email.
- Three Most Important Tasks Per Day!
- Four: Batch all tasks. These are the smaller ones in addition to the three Most Important Tasks.
- Five sentence emails. Interesting
- Six news articles a day to be read.
- Seven minutes to waste!
Interesting stuff, and you can read the whole article in the January/February edition of the magazine. But, I found that setting down a list that will limit you gives you permission to be productive in a different way.
I know with all that I choose to have in my life that it blends the personal and the professional together. But everything I do, I choose to do. Setting limits on what goes on my priority list was the first step, and the seven thoughts above help to make each day a day that I feel satisfied that I have done the best of what I can do in a 24-hour period, and, yes, one of the most important items is “sleep
Published by Janice Marie