If any tourist is looking for the perfect fishing getaway, then their search ends at Minnesota- the land of 10,000 lakes. Minnesota offers tourists and guests the perfect fishing experience regardless of the season in which the getaway is planned. Amazing fishing trips to the north shore, boundary waters, and Brainerd Lakes area will definitely fulfill your idea of a perfect fishing vacation.
Why Fishing in Minnesota?
- Fishing in Minnesota is a statewide hobby for all. Be it summer, winter, spring, or fall, the fishes are always ready to bite and get caught. Minnesota is popularly called as the “Land of Lakes” and the fishing experience is incredible here. Some of the favorites include silver lakes, red lake, Mille Lacs Lake, and Lake of the Woods, where Northern Pike and Trophy Walleye are in plenty.
- Fishing resorts offer features like fishing pole rentals, boats, and fishing guide for beginners. The resort staff also suggests where to get the best bait and where the fish will bite.
- Minnesota is incredible for the varied number of fish species present in the lakes for fishing. Some of the most favorite species include salmon, brook trout, lake trout, crappie, whitefish, northern pike, bluegill, sauger, perch, steelhead, and muskie.
- Minnesota resorts offer a cleaning station and people to clean and fillet the fish. Those interested in picking a really good catch can take guides along with them who are really experienced and will make your fishing trip memorable for you.
- Minnesota is also known to host plenty fishing tournaments throughout the year. Some of these events are small- scale fishing derbies whereas some are professional bass circuits and touring walleye.
- The highlight of fishing trips in Minnesota the dinner offered to guests at night. The resort will offer to cook your fish catch in the method you prefer. You can choose your catch to be broiled, fried, or baked. Your catch will be served with potato salad, hush puppies, and rolls.
How to choose the right fishing resort for the perfect fishing adventure?
There are plenty of fishing resorts in Minnesota, but how do you determine which one to choose? Keep a lookout for the following features that will help you make the right choice.
- The type of fish you are looking to catch is a major point to consider while choosing a fishing resort. Certain fish is more prevalent in particular lakes and resorts.
- To have a successful fishing experience, check out for resorts that have amenities like boat rentals, guide services, electricity on the dock, bait and tackle shops, motor boats, and gas availability.
- Look out for packages and specials offered by resorts particularly for fishing. Some resorts offer dock space, and boat rentals along with your room. Discounts are available for longer stays and bigger group of people.
Minnesota is the perfect destination for your next fishing getaway. It is every fishing lover’s dream come true. Additionally, planning a fishing vacation in Minnesota is a great way to connect with your family and friends.
Published by jerry clinton