Windows users mostly complain about problems occurring in audio and video performance. You must have come across an error while attempting to play videos or audio on your Windows 10. If you’ve encountered error 0x887c0032 while trying to play movies or songs, there’s nothing to panic unless you know it is more than that.
There are possible fixes to fix the audio and video issues occurring on your PC. If you’re one of those people who are continuously facing this error, you’ve landed at the right place. Try any of the below-mentioned methods, and you’re likely to fix the issue in no time.
- Before that, you must know the reasons behind the error message 0x887c0032, and the reasons are:Unavailability of the file you’re trying to open.
- A glitch in the Windows Audio Endpoint Builder.
- Corruption of the UWP application.
- Out-of-date audio and video drivers.
How to Fix the Error 0x887c0032 on Your Windows PC?
Try any of the recommended methods to fix the issue occurring on your PC. Let’s get started!
Restart Your System
The simplest and the primary method to fix any error on your Windows PC is to restart your computer. If any of the following is the reason for audio and video errors, restarting your PC will fix the same.
- The opened file has been renamed or doesn’t exist.
- The opened file is up for maintenance or upgrade.
- The opened file has been transferred to an alternate location.
Note: Even if trying this method solves the issue, note that it is a temporary fix. Thus, the error is likely to appear again.
Refresh the Windows Audio Endpoint Builder Service
If Windows Audio Endpoint Builder comes up with a glitch, it won’t play any audio or video on your Windows PC. Therefore, the steps to refresh the same are:
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing ‘Windows + R’ keys on your keyboard.
- The Run dialog box will open. Type ‘services.msc’ in the given space and press the ‘Enter’ key.
- A Services window will open. Locate the ‘Windows Audio Endpoint Builder’ option and double-click on the same.
- Tap on the ‘Automatic’ startup tab to select the same.
- In case the service is not running already, hit the ‘Start’ button. If it is, tap on the ‘Stop’ option.
- To restart the service, click on the ‘Start’ option.
- Hit the ‘Apply’ button and select ‘Ok.’
This method is likely to solve the issue. If not, continue trying the other methods.
Reset the Application
Have you tried playing audio or video using any other application or browser? If the issue is occurring only with a particular app, the app might be creating issues. It is suggested to reset the application and then try using the same.
Upgrade the Audio and Video Drivers
As mentioned above, an out-of-date drive can cause an error. Thus, you may either use the Device Manager to upgrade the audio and video drivers or get the driver updates. It is essential to note that the drivers can be updated manually or automatically, as per your preference.
Use an Alternative Media Player
If none of the above methods works for you in fixing the issue, the last method to try is switching to an alternative third-party player such as VLC.
Though all the above-mentioned methods have the potential to fix the audio and video error occurring on your Windows 10. However, if it doesn’t work, you may seek help from the professionals or someone who can fix the issue.
Published by Jon Snow