If your games are lagging or showing high disk usage, or your computer is responding slowly, it could be because of the issue with service host SysMain. Your laptop suddenly becomes unresponsive. After investigating, you will find out that it is the SysMain that is taking up high resources. At times, it resolved automatically; however, at any point, it again becomes unresponsive.
Superfetch or SysMain is a legit Windows 10 service used to speed up the applications; however, sometimes it begins creating issues like high disk usage or CPU usage. In Windows XP, it was basically known as the Prefetch service, and in Windows Vista, it was changed to Superfetch.
Fix Service Host SysMain Issue In Windows 10
SysMain's primary function is to read or learn the user’s system usage patterns and effectively manage the system for faster loading of applications and faster boot time. It is not really a required service but is there for optimal performance of the system. If you want to turn it off, you can easily do that by following the methods.
Way 1: Stop the SysMain service using Command Prompt
Follow the below steps to stop the service host SysMain using the command prompt. Follow the steps given below:
- First of all, press the Windows key and type in cmd. Now, click on the ‘Open Run As Administrator’ option to open the Command Prompt.
- In the Command Prompt window, you need to enter the following command: sc stop “SysMain” & sc config “SysMain” start=disabled. You should now see Change Service Config Success. Now, close the command prompt and open the task manager again to check the disk usage.
Way 2: Stop using Registry Method
You can use this method if the above method does not work for you. Follow the below steps to turn off the service host SysMain using the Registry method:
- First of all, press the Win plus R keys and then type Regedit and click OK.
- Next, type regedit and again click OK. In the Registry Editor, navigate to the following location:
- You can copy-paste the above path or command in the Registry Editor to navigate instantly.
- Now, right-click on Start and select Modify option available in the right pane. After that, enter 4 in the Value data and click OK to save changes.
The above methods will help you stop the service host SysMain from taking up high disk usage. You need to thoroughly follow the steps given.
Published by June Revee