Managing kids is a big task but in a flight, it can become a nightmare. Today, people are waking up to the fact that more and more kids are becoming addicted to electronic gadgets to the point that they cut off all contact with the world and this struggle to keep them off screens during a long flight journey can become a real struggle.
So check out these twelve ways to keep your children away from the screens in a flight!
- Make use of sticker books because stickers stick to everything. There is no fear of getting hurt or annoying the next passenger. There are several holidays and airport themed sticker books available, so buy them, stock them up for your flight journey. If your children into American action movies, then stock up on some star wars themed sticker books!
- Color and more colours. Today, when we are losing ourselves in the digital world, give your children a sneak peak in the simple world of coloring the pictures. There are innumerable varieties of coloring books available in the market.
- Etch-a-sketch. No need of pens or pencils. The stylus is attached to the apparatus by a string so no need to worry about losing it. Watch you little ones discover the joy of seeing the shapes take life in front of them and let them go crazy ones with their imagination.
- Check out YouTube for some cool DIY LEGO travel boxes and use them to keep the boredom away from your kids. Just pull the tray down and watch your kid becoming an engineer with the kit!
- Play Post-Its with your kids. Just post a note on the forehead and make the other one guess. Sound simple? It is super fun too! You just need imagination and of course, lots of patience.
- Bring along an activity book. It should be packed with interesting stuff to do so that by the time your child is bored with it, voila! You are at your destination.
- Get crafty with your children. There are several craft kits available in the market. Buy one and give permission to your kids to go crazy with it. If it is glue free, then all the better.
- There are many travel games. Play with your kids. Often you miss out on quality time with your kids, so make use of this opportunity to bond with them.
- Make them design postcards for their friends and family. Make them think about the lines they want to write ad pictures they would love to draw.
- The classic of grabbing a child’s attention. Read a story. Enjoy the little gasps of children when they hear the most exciting parts of the stories.
- Make them write about their experiences. This will help them to develop their writing skills and will be a good activity to pass time.
- Pack in some essential stuff like hair clips and combs and allow your children to become hairdressers for few hours
I hope these tips will help you when you are long flight such a Hyderabad to Chicago flight.
Published by Justin Schumakar