If you’re an Indian citizen, having an Aadhar card is absolutely essential. Without an Aadhar card, there is the whole list of official things that you may not be able to do. For instance, you will require an Aadhar card to apply for a new passport. You will also need an Aadhar card to get a new mobile connection, or to open a bank account and so on. If you wish to make an application for an Aadhar card, the steps are simple and easy. Let’s now discuss how you can apply for an Aadhar card:
In order to apply for an Aadhar card, you will require certain documents. These documents include identity proof documents and address proof documents such as your bank statements, electricity bills, driving license, passport copy, phone bill copy and so on. Photocopies of these documents will have to be submitted to your nearest Aadharcentre. The Aadhar card application process cannot be completed online because in order to avail an Aadhar card, you will have to undergo biometric profiling at the Aadharcentre. The profiling will include the taking of your fingerprints and a retina scan. Once you have submitted the required documents and you have undergone the biometric profiling, your documents will be verified and upon verification, the Aadhar card will be made and sent to you.
Uses Of An Aadhar Card
Did you know that having an Aadhar card can have a countless number of uses and benefits too? If you’re wondering how your Aadhar card can be useful and beneficial for you, here’s everything you need to know:
• Having an Aadhar card can prove to be extremely beneficial for people who wish to have their LPG subsidy transferred directly into their bank accounts. All you need to do in order to avail this facility is link your 12 digit Aadhar card number with your 17 digit LPG consumer number.
• If you’re applying you’re a passport or you need to get your passport renewed, you will no longer be able to do either without an Aadhar card. The one advantage of this is that you can get your new passport in as soon as ten days from application. However, as per law you will have to appear for police verification after receipt of the passport.
• If you need to open a new bank account, your Aadhar card alone is enough to get your savings bank account up and running. Unlike the older times where the opening of a bank account required a million documents, with the introduction of the Aadhar card, the bank account opening process is a lot simpler and completely hassle-free.
• If you want to avail the benefits of the Prime Minister’s Jan Dhan yojana scheme, you will require your Aadhar card. Further, the benefits of these schemes are absolutely worth it. You will be able to open up a zero balance savings bank account for free, you will also receive free accident and life insurance, the aRuPay card will be given to applicants and several other benefits.
• If you want to get a new mobile connection (postpaid or prepaid), you will require your Aadhar card for verification and linking of the number. Without your Aadhar card, no network provider will offer you a new mobile connection.
Apply For A Duplicate Aadhar Card
If you have lost your Aadhar card, there’s no need to panic. The process of application for a duplicate Aadhar card is simple and easy. Here is what you need to do to download eaadhar in a few steps.
• Log onto the official Aadhar card portal
• Depending on whether you want to retrieve your Aadhar number or your enrolment number, click on the respective option on the portal.
• You will need to fill in all your personal details such as your full name, address, mobile number, email address and so on.
• Once you have punched in these details, you need to click the “GET OTP” button.
• An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number and email address.
• This OTP will then have to be entered into the given box on the Aadhar portal and you will have to hit the “verify OTP” button.
• Once the OTP has been verified you will receive another text and email with your enrolment number or Aadhar number.
• You need to go back to the Aadhar portal and click on the “I have Aadhar / enrolment number” button.
• You will have to fill your personal details in once again and click on the “get OTP” button.
• You will receive the OTP on your mobile and email and this OTP needs to punched into “enter OTP” box on the Aadhar portal.
• Once the OTP has been validated, you will have received your eAadhar in PDF format. The password to access this PDF file is your pin code. You can print out this eAadhar and use it.
Who Is Eligible For AnAadhar Card?
If you’re wondering whether or not you’re eligible for an Aadhar card, here’s the information you need to know:
• Every citizen of India is eligible for an Aadhar card irrespective of age, gender and religion.
• Senior citizens, adults, children and infants can apply for and receive Aadhar cards.
• The Aadhar card is a unique document that serves only a single individual purpose. A family cannot apply for an Aadhar card. Every member of the family will have to apply for his or her own Aadhar card.
The best part about the Aadhar card is that it is valid for life. Unlike the passport and driving licence, Aadhar cards do not have an expiry date and do not require renewal. However, in the event that you personal details change (in case of marriage or change in address), you can always update the details of your Aadhar card from the Aadhar card portal. You will require proper documentation and evidence (in terms of marriage certificate or electricity bill or phone bill and so on) to back up your claims of change in personal details.
Published by Karen Anthony