Ever wonder what would make your life happier? Here are a few tips for you:
1. Smile: It is a proven fact that smiling helps your mind to enjoy every moment of your life and makes even stressful days much more enjoyable. Advice: smile at least 5 times a day!
2. Travel: Travel as often as you can. Even if it is for a weekend - just get out there and explore a new city or revisit a favourite place that you haven't been to in a long time! A change of scenery will change your mind and make your life so much more fun
3. No social media day: In fact scratch that, make it a no phone day! Get in touch with your friends, neighbours and colleagues by speaking to them and meeting them in person. Nothing that is happening on social media is more exciting than a night out with the your favourite people! Try that at least once a week and see how much happier you are!
4. Eat Healthier and Exercise: Alright, this is one of the "must haves" on the list, I agree. Admit it though, without this one on the list - life just becomes a serious routine with little excitement and challenge!
5. Spend a weekend at home cuddled in bed with a book/film: A few lazy people out there will definitely relate to this one! It is even better if you can share this one with your partner, significant other, your other half. When was the last time you spent time together? If you have to think about this, it is time to try staying in this weekend!
6. Pay attention to details: Stop focusing on the bigger picture and start noticing the little things in life! It may sound like nada but trust me it makes a difference!
7. Less negativity and more laughter: This one is important! Don't be afraid to let go of negative people/tasks/duties/emotions in your life! Let go of the pessimistic attitudes and surround yourself with laughter! Advice: if you have younger brothers, sisters, cousins, nieces, nephews, children - spend a day with them! Nothing brings more joy than being around kids!
8. You: No matter how funny or strange this may sound to you, but at the end of the day YOU are the only person who can make your life happier in so many ways! Follow your heart, don't be afraid to chase your dreams and live your life with no regrets! Remember people/society will judge you anyway, so you might as well make it worth the while!
Published by Karina Saakyan