Caramel slice, a very sweet slice that's great with a cuppa
1 cup plain flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
125 g butter
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1 can of condensed milk (usually around 400g tin)
2 Tsp golden syrup
And melted chocolate for the top
Oven preheated @ 180°c
1) combine all the base ingredients in a bowl until it resembles fine bread crumbs press it into a grease proof slice pan
2) cook the biscuit base in the oven until it is golden, cool when cooked (don't take it out of the tin)
3) place the filling ingredients in a medium saucepan on a medium heat. You cook it until its golden and thick (keep stirring it so it doesnt burn)
4) pour the caramel on the biscuit base and put in the fridge to set.
5) when the caramel is set pour some melted chocolate over the top and place in fridge again until it's set
I put some milo on top of mine for a bit more texture :) nuts would be nice aswell.
Published by Kate Star