Now that fall is in full swing here in Massachusetts (and the rest of the world - happy late fall equinox!), I've seen countless fall/autumn tags roaming around the internet. Most of them ask the same questions, but I've picked a few of my favorites to answer. Here we go..
- Favorite fall lip product? The thickest, richest lip balm I can find. It varies. Autumn is when it starts to get real dry here, and my lips are the first things to go, so I literally have to apply lip balm every 30 seconds. I've also been loving the Clarins lipstick in the color Woodrose recently. I apply it to my lips, leave it there for 5-10 minutes and then pat it with a tissue to take down the intensity of the color. For someone who really doesn't do lip products, I'm kinda proud..
- Favorite fall nail polish? Oooh, the Barry M Gelly Nail Paint in Mustard. It's this like super rich yellow that screams fall!
- Favorite fall scarf? It's this super long forest-green scarf from Accessorize that I got about a year ago. It looks good with pretty much everything!
- Favorite fall clothing item? Oh my goodness, I could list countless clothing items here, but the one that springs to mind are these knitted blue leggings from Forever 21 that I got last year. I wear them around the house so much in the fall. My capsule wardrobe doesn't really change that much, just a few extra sweaters..
- Favorite fall shoes? My trusty black ankle boots from Sainsbury's last year. I think they cost me about £25, but I wear them basically every day from October 1st through December 31st (basically until it starts to snow..).
- Favorite fall candle? As it stands right now, the one that I picked up pretty recently from Bath & Body Works called Autumn. In fact, it's burning as I type this. It's fresh, but cozy if that makes any sense at all. I have my eye/nose on a few more and a Yankee Candle coupon, so watch this space!
- Favorite fall drink? Um, I really love a good hot chocolate to be honest. Soothing for the soul and all that.
- Halloween or Thanksgiving? Thanksgiving, for sure. I only had my first one last year, but holy heck, I cannot stand Halloween.
- What Halloween costume do you have planned? As much as I dislike Halloween, I am going to a friend's party, and I'm going as a mermaid. No regrets. I told my housemate this morning and his response was just 'of course you are'..
- Favorite thing about fall? I live in a valley surrounded by mountains and green. So getting to watch those greens turn to yellows, oranges and reds is pretty exciting. Also, on a more fickle note, I love not being judged for constantly wearing black, like I am in the summer. But let's have the finishing note be changing leaves. Oh and apple & pumpkin picking. Yeah. And the Big E. (I'm done now, promise!)
I originally posted this on my personal blog, so be sure to check it out if you liked this post for more! Let me know if you came from here.
Published by Kathryn Firth