There is nothing like a good old fashioned drinking game... Sometimes you run out of whimsical ideas of how many drinking games you can play with cards, so lets get creative.
One of my favourite films is Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back (V). I can tell you are all very curious of the rules... The key is to keep the rules simple and short so they are easier to remember when you are half way through the film and half way to being drunk..
For beginners, drink every time:
- the force is mentioned
- the dark side is mentioned
- someone communicates telepathically
- Obi Wan Kenobi is mentioned
- a robot is damaged
For the more advanced heavy weights, drink every time:
- down your drink when someone does something drastic to survive
- Han Solo and Princess Leia have sexual tension
- C3P0 and R2D2 bicker
- Honor Yoda - this means, every time yoda appears on the screen you have to remove the little green man from the rim of your glass, drink, and then ensure you place him back!
There are a variety of movies out there to drink to, if you know the film well enough you can make up and add your own rules. Another of my favourites is The Lord of The Rings, especially the first film...
Drink every time:
- the ring is referred to as precious or a close up of the ring
- Gandalf goes serious wizard mode
- Legolas looks into the distance
- Frodo looks like he is jizzing himself
- Merry and Pippin get up to shenanigan
There are more advanced rules that stem from this game but I shall let you come up with those.
Enjoy, I think movie drinking games are a great idea especially over the winter holidays when its cold and gloomy outside! Please remember to drink responsibly. I would love to hear some of your own versions etc, so please feel free to comment and let me know your own ideas!
Published by Katy-Jane Pitt