Greetings ladies and gentleman, boys and girls, and welcome to another kitchen adventure I like to call cooking.
I have been thinking recently that there are no places to get good mac and cheese. Well at least none near me.
Everywhere that offers the aforementioned noodle dish, makes it with what tastes like chemicals, processed “cheese” bi-product and other things that aren’t digestible by human stomachs.
I stopped eating fast food 7 years ago and it was one of the best dietary decisions I have ever made. I will admit however, I got a random craving for waffle fries the other day and ordered from a drive through for the very first time. It was pretty exciting.
But because I stopped eating fast food, processed “food” and chemically enhanced food products make my stomach think I have done some horrid, unspeakable deed and is seeking revenge.
But looping back to mac and cheese, I have gotten into making my own and it is fabulous. So here i have 2 recipes. One is for when you want to go all out to cook. (I use this one when I am not the only one eating)
The other recipe is easier, takes less time, is less impressive, and I make it when it’s 2 in the morning and I want me some cheesey carbs.
You will need:
- 1 lb macaroni noodles
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 1 tbs flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (or 1 cup milk)
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- Bring water to a boil. Add a dash of salt and cook the noodles until tender
- Melt the butter in a large pan, and add the garlic
- Add the flour and mix with a fork until it forms a thick paste
- Slowly add the milk and chicken broth, stirring as you add it, let simmer until it thickens just a smidge
- Add the cheese little handful by little handful, constantly stirring until the cheese is melted
- When the noodles are done, strain the water out and our them into a large bowl
- Pour the cheese sauce over the noodles and mix in
The nice thing about this recipe is you can easily put the final product into an oven-safe bowl, throw on some extra melted cheese and breadcrumbs on top and broil it for 10 minutes.
Recipe numero dos is as follows
You will need:
- 1 1/2 cups macaroni noodles
- 1/2 tbs butter
- 2 tbs milk
- a handful of cheese
- Boil water, add a pinch of salt and cook noodles until tender
- Strain the noodles when they are done, and pour the back into the pot over medium low heat
- Add the butter and stir in
- Add the mil and stir once more
- Drop in the cheese and, you guessed it, continue to stir.
- Once the cheese is melted pour into bowl (Or just eat it straight out of the pot, I’m not judging)
Who doesn’t love good mac and cheese?
People who don’t have souls, that’s who. Macaroni and cheese is a gift from the heavens and should be treated as such.
Do not take these recipes lightly.
Take them and make people happy with your excellent cooking skills.
Published by Krishia Balageas