OPTIONS FOR ACNE
Acne (facial/body) effects approximately 40-50 million U.S. citizens and millions more worldwide. It is a skin condition that is the most common, and can bring not just scarring of the skin, but emotional scarring for the person.
Zits, pimples, whiteheads or whatever you call ’em they are a pain! Caused by excess oil production, bacteria, and dirt, these can destroy one’s self esteem.
Whether it is the result of hormone changes for teens, changing birth control medications, or adult acne. The emotional pain can often supersede the physical, and diminish one’s quality of life. Hope is not lost though.
Some Natural Things to Try:
- Beeswax – Packed with anti-septic and anti-inflammatory properties, also acts as a skin softener for smooth texture. Provides a barrier against environmental pollution i.e. smoke, air.
- Essential Oils – many possess anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Some of the best for acne are Tea tree, Rosemary, Lavender, Eucalyptus, and Lemon Oil – these all have shown to have anti-microbial properties as well. Always use with a carrier oil like extra virgin coconut oil or hempseed oil.
- Extra Virgin Coconut Oil – Can be used on its own or with essential oils, as it has a fatty acid called Lauric Acid, which is anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Is great for external and internal use. Contains strong anti-bacterial qualities and has become a staple for most holistic users. Remember, to dillute this with water, four parts to one, and test on small area to check for an adverse reaction.
- CBD – Most of the research has been on stopping excess oil buildup. Anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, as well as an antioxidant.
This is not an exhaustive list of options by any means, but just sort of a primer for the first-time user. In addition, these can all be utilized in combinations of some or all of these ingredients. Most CBD or plant-based products will have combinations of many of these in their products. Or if you are crafty, you can create your own.
Remember, to seek natural, organic solutions before dabbing on some chemical or synthetic cream. Also, many of the above mentioned ingredients are great for taking internally as well.
Published by Mark