Online gambling and gambling in general is the sort of activity that carries an inherent stigma. It is considered a vice, on par with booze, and nothing that supporters can say will ever deter those who have their minds made up about its morality. Many of the preconceived ideas and stereotypes from which these negative attitudes to online gambling stem are simply wrong though. Let’s take a closer look at some of the most prominent negative stereotypes regarding online gambling. You can find more interesting casino reviews at casino bonus no deposit reviews website.
For starters, many people – some of them gamblers themselves – believe that online gambling is somehow an inferior product to the real deal. If anything, online gaming is a far more advantageous proposition for players than brick and mortar gambling, especially from a financial perspective, albeit it has to be admitted that the house edge and the house drop are just as present online as they are in a live casino.
Another myth is that in online gaming, there is no human interaction involved. The contrast between a bustling live casino with human dealers and patrons, cocktail waitresses and pit bosses walking around and an average online casino where players spin away at the roulette or slots directly from their home wrapped in solitude is indeed quite obvious. The problem with this idea is though that there is no such thing as an “average” online operation. Every one of the top online casinos is locked in a constant struggle to provide a better gaming experience and increasing human interaction through the introduction of live dealer casinos, webcam poker rooms and strengthening the social facet of the games through chat boxes is a major goal in this struggle.
Another common online gaming misconception is that online casino games can and will be rigged in a much easier way. The fact that one is essentially betting real money on software does indeed play into such fears, but in 99% of the cases such fears are unfounded, and the remaining 1% of rogue operators can be easily filtered out by anyone who has some basic online casino selection skills. In online gambling (as in live gambling) the house already possesses a sizeable edge over the players, therefore it makes no sense for them to rig their games thus risking their entire business over some minute immediate gain.
Online gambling is said to carry an increased risk of triggering addictive behavior on account of its availability. Online gambling is indeed many times more accessible than brick and mortar gaming. That however does not alter the fact that the majority of online and live gamblers are recreational bettors and that only a very small percentage (around 1%) of them ever develops gambling-related problems.
Online gambling is illegal in most jurisdictions. This is another misconception that is quite prevalent these days as we barely get through a week without hearing/reading about some operator tossing in the towel in some part of the world. While authorities (irritated by the fact that they’re not getting a piece of the online gaming pie) are indeed bent on making online gambling as unattractive for players as possible, the truth is that in many of the jurisdictions thought to have cracked down on the games, the activity is still technically legal.
The Lord's Prayer
Sung By Mishael
(aka Michelle T. Kenner)
Were You There
Sung By Mishael (aka Michelle T. Kenner)
Were you the...
I'M GONNA SING
This song is an old Negro Spiritual
Psalm 51:10 King James Version (KJV)
Create in me a clean heart, O G...
ON THE BATTLEFIELD FOR MY LORD
Composed by E.V. Ba...
Arranged and Sung by Mishael T
FROM MY HOUSE TO YOUR HOUSE,
MY HEART TO YOUR HEA...
Children, Go Where I Send Thee
(Arranged and sung by Mishael)
ARE YOU ON THE LORD'S SIDE?
Drawings by Mishael T
Select contacts you want to share this author with.