“Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.” -Maya Angelou
Keep this in mind whenever you find yourself defining your own success. Success is about you loving and being pleased with who you are. Success is also about you loving the things that bring you happiness in your life. Success is also about you loving the way that you are doing what makes you happy. When you add it all up, your success will have all of this in it!
I will go a bit further into the ingredients for your success:
- Liking yourself is the beginning of your success. Success starts when you begin loving yourself. You can do this easily by saying to yourself “I like/love me” daily. Without loving yourself, you cannot begin to see yourself in the image of the person you want to be.
- Liking what you do brings you success. This can only happen when you love yourself enough to research, find, and put into action what it is that you love doing. When you are loving what you do, you put your best effort into what it is that you are doing. The result of your best effort is you accomplishing things in your life and it makes you want to do even more.
- Liking how you do something keeps your focus on success. This will require you to learn and apply yourself. The more you do it, the easier it will become for you which brings out you loving the process. When you like how you are doing it, it keeps you focused and it is more likely that you stay on the road to success. You can like you, and you can be doing something you feel can bring you happiness, but it means nothing if you are not liking how you are going about doing it.
How I define my success is like this:
- I remind myself that I love me every day I wake up and at random moments in the day because it fires up my inner passion to do what I do daily.
- I like helping people through my job and coming here to share with you because I get the opportunity to help and make the world a better place daily.
- I love how I am doing it because I took the time to learn and apply what has been taught to me, and with each day that I do it, it makes me happy to keep on doing this the way I am doing it.
What is your definition of success? Only you can answer that. As long as it includes you liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it, you are successful. Let’s remember that your success is what you make it to be, but you have to love of yourself, what you do, and how you do it in order to achieve it!
Published by Michael Fite