Maintaining the cleanliness level of the lubricants is important, however, selecting the right lubricant is a start towards a journey to have minimum downtime due to lubrication issues.
Effective lubrication selection must strike a balance between quality, application, and affordability. In order to achieve and maintain this balance, it is essential to have some guidelines for the purchase & use of lubricants, and the same are mentioned below :
1. Scope of Application: This defines the usage purpose of oil, it also defines application within a facility. This step ensures that the lubricant doesn’t underperform.
2. Physical & Chemical Properties: This is an important thing to understand as it outlines the testing parameters and expected results.
3. Performance Properties: This refers to properties like demulsibility, dropping point, pour point. An important choice of these properties is required to ensure maximum and seamless performance at affordable prices.
4. Product Compatibility: It is important to establish the compatibility of the lubricant with the seals and gaskets in the system through which lubricant is flowing. A wrong evaluation at this stage leads to the problem of regular seal and gasket failure.
5.Quality Control at the Reception: It is of utmost importance to check the parameters of the oil received from the supplier. Sometimes new oil that is received is contaminated and when put in the system without filtration leads to more issues.
6. Lubricant Disposal: We should also ask the supplier to guide us on the lubricant disposal after it has served its desired life, to comply with environmental laws and standards.
Contact us for Mechanical Maintenance & Oil Check.
Published by Minimac Systems