Packing is undoubtedly the most important step in the moving process. You obviously want your belongings to reach the destination in the same condition they left the origin. And the only way to make sure your belongings remain intact throughout the journey is by making sure they are packed nicely before getting handled by multiple hands and being loaded in the moving truck.
Most people hate packing and the main reason for this is because it takes a lot of time and effort. One needs to plan so much, get enough packing materials, pack all the belongings, label them, etc. No wonder why people get so stressed during the move. We always recommend you to get moving companies to do the packing. There are many cheap moving companies out there which will pack your belongings at a good cost and they will do a great job at it.
One of the main reasons for letting professionals pack your belongings is so that if they damaged on the way, you will not be responsible for it. However, if you have made up your mind to pack by yourself, then the first question you might be wondering is “What to pack first?” And we are here to help you decide what things you should pack first when moving.
5 Things to pack first when moving: -
Remember that most people tend to procrastinate because they cannot decide what to pack first. Use this list and start working.
1. Storage items: - Items in your storage are definitely the things you should pack first when moving. These are the items stored in your storage room, garage, walk-in closet, etc. These items are the easiest to pack as they are probably already in boxes. All you have to do it take those boxes out, throw away the things you do not want anymore, and pack the rest. Make sure to throw away all the unnecessary things to put more items per box. The lesser the number of boxes
2. Do the room that is hardest to pack: - Right after you are done with the storage room and garage, we recommend going for the room that is the hardest to pack. You need to realize that your enthusiasm to pack will start to fade with time, and the best thing to do is to pack the hardest room before you lose all your motivation and energy.
3. Clothes: - Next thing we recommend packing are the clothes, especially the off-season clothes. These are also easy to pack as out of season clothes are already packed together and all you have to do is put them in a box. Again, do take some time and throw out the clothes that you are not likely to be wearing anymore. The lesser the items are, the easier it is to move. If you haven’t worn particular clothing in a year, chances are you won’t wear it again. So, it is best to get rid of these kinds of clothes.
4. Books: - First thing before packing the books is to make sure you return the borrowed ones. Then pack all the remaining books in a box and label it.
5. Expensive Dishes: - Right after you move, you are unlikely to host a dinner party. You should pack the expensive china dishes as soon as possible and make sure to put bubble wraps so they do not break.
There you go, these are the few things that you should pack first when moving. Just figure out the pattern from this list and save the most essential daily-need items for the last as they will be the ones you will need as soon as you reach the destination. Good luck!
Published by Mohaned Gadnne