In this blog, we’ll discuss multiple techniques to backup yahoo emails in Outlook format. So that Yahoo users will easily be able to switch over to Outlook or they can access emails offline. We have disclosed a manual as well as an automated solution for backing up emails, contacts, and calendars from the yahoo account and store them in an Outlook account.
Why Backup of Yahoo Emails into Outlook is Trending?
There are a large number of people who are currently using Yahoo as a default email client. It is one of the most popular email clients because of some reasons like – It’s free and fast, it provides storage space, etc. Nowadays, everyone stores their personal and professional data in Yahoo Account so that they can access their data from anywhere.
However, the issue arises, when user wants to access their data at the time of unavailability of internet connection. Or, when a user needs to share some emails and attachments offline. There are a lot of other reasons for having a backup of Yahoo mails. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Data Breach of Yahoo Mail Users
- Ransomware attacks
- Data security issues
Manually Backup Yahoo Emails to Outlook
The manual way for taking backup of yahoo emails can be performed using MS Outlook application itself.
- Firstly, open your Outlook, and after opening it click on “File”, then “Info” and after that click on the “Options” button.
- Now select the “Add Account” option.
- “Manually Configure Server Settings” choose this option.
- To proceed further click on the “Next” option.
- Choose an option from these two “POP and IMAP”. And simply click on the “Next” button.
- After this, enter your yahoo account credentials In POP / IMAP settings. And now select Account Type (IMAP).
- Enter Outgoing mail server (SMTP) (smtp.mail.yahoo.com), Incoming mail server (imap.mail.yahoo.com).
- Add the email address and password to your Yahoo account.
- Under the More Setting option, click on the Outgoing Server Tab button.
- Check the box ‘My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication’, and go to the first option to use the same settings for an incoming mail server.
- Now, click on the “Ok” button and hit the Next button. This starts configuration testing. After completion close it.
- Click on Finish to complete the setup. This will backup Yahoo mail to Outlook.
You can use this manual method to backup yahoo emails to Outlook. But there are some drawbacks of this method which we will mention below.
Drawbacks of Manual Method
- This method is very time-consuming.
- The user should have enough technical knowledge to perform this method.
- The manual method is not safe and reliable. Users can lose their data permanently in between the procedure.
- Internet connection is very important, if the internet gets interrupted then the user needs to start the whole procedure from the beginning.
Automated Solution to Backup Yahoo Data
As we know some limitations to this manual method. So, you can avoid these drawbacks by using another method which is the automated software Yahoo Backup utility. You can know about this tool by reading this article thoroughly. This tool overcomes all the limitations occurs in manual solution and provides a safer backup solution.
Step-by-Step Procedure to Backup Yahoo Emails to Outlook:
- Download and Install the Yahoo backup tool
- Enter the credentials of your Yahoo account.
- Select PST file format to backup yahoo emails to Outlook.
- Select a location for saving the Outlook data file.
- Click on Start to transfer yahoo mail to outlook.
- After this, now open MS Outlook and open the Yahoo PST file in it.
Key Features of Automated Tool
- Backup Yahoo mail to PST, PDF, EML, MBOX, and MSG formats.
- Archive single as well as multiple user accounts.
- Option for mail filtering by date to take a selective backup of Yahoo emails.
- This tool also saves Yahoo email as attachments.
- Doesn’t affect the original formatting of the emails.
- Facility to download Yahoo emails in an incremental manner.
- You can check or uncheck the folders to be archived as per your requirement.
- Microsoft Outlook is not necessary to convert Yahoo Mail to PST File.
In the above write-up, we have discussed different methods to backup Yahoo emails to Outlook. You can use the manual method but it has some limitations which are mentioned above. So, to overcome those drawbacks you can use Yahoo Mail Backup Software. It is a safe and reliable tool.