The most overlooked thing about fishing is certainly the fishing rod. It plays an important role in placing the bait without frightening the fish also depends upon the right fishing rod chosen. It helps you in catching the fishes and you can enjoy your time peacefully without worrying about anything else.
There are so many bait options and fishing equipments available in the market. You can choose the one that fits your needs for a better fishing experience. The expert manufactures of fishing rods take special care while manufacturing the perfect one to cast the bait at a good distance and also in a precise way. Nowadays, the fisherman can easily pick the perfect option.
A perfect rod allows to -
- cast the bait precisely.
- Work baits slowly and effectively.
- Detect the strikes in an easy way.
- Set hook to catch fishes.
Before choosing the one that perfectly matches your need, have a look at the factors that must be kept in mind.
1. Length Of The Fishing Rod- It is one of the most important fishing equipment. The fishing rod is available in many sizes ranging from 4 feet to 14 feet. Talking about the bass rods, they usually are 6 to 8 feet long.
But, the question arises, how to select the best of all the options available? The general rule of selecting the right piece is longer rods helps in casting longer distance and shorter fishing rods makes casting the shorter distances easier.
And why does this happen? Shorter fishing rods make the process easy in small areas. Therefore, they are the best choices when the fishermen want to catch big fishes in small areas. The longer rods make it possible to cover more water. They are very useful during the walking baits etc. Saltwater anglers love using them in order to make use of greater areas of water, Bass anglers use of longer rods.
2. The Material Used - The fishing rods are generally made up of fiberglass, graphite or both.
- Graphite rods- These are not flexible and light weighted. They are comparatively much more brittle than the fibreglass fishing rods. This characteristic makes the graphite rods delicate. It is a very good option for detecting light weighted bites.
- Fiberglass rods- These are flexible as well as unbreakable.
There are some rods which are made of both, fibreglass and graphite. These are considered the best option for those anglers who prefer fishing in different areas and also conditions. It is known to be the ideal rod.
3. Power - To bend the rod, power is required. This is an important feature of this fishing equipment. With more power, the rod can be bend in an easy way. It needs a perfect combination of power as well as action to the baits so that the work can be done in a proper manner. More power will cause less blend of the rod and that is why such rods are preferred during fishing.
- In order to catch fishes like panfish, trout etc, light fishing rods are used. They come with more blend and are used generally to detect the bite.
- Rods with Moderate power are used in baits like jerk baits, crankbaits etc.
- For fewer bends, more powered rods are required. They are best suited to jigs, frogs etc.
4. Action Of The Rods- The point from where the fishing rod bends is known as action. There are two sorts of action rods. The first one is fast action fishing rod in which the rod will bend near the tip. If the rod bents near the butt, then this type of rod is known as slow action rod. These rods are generally preferred as the stiff backbone is helpful to catch big fishes.
5. Handle Of The Rod- The materials used here are foam, cork or the combination of these. These also come with small or long handles and it usually depends upon the distance. If you are planning to cover longer distance then longer handled rod is used. Shorter ones are for one hand casting, roll casting etc. They cover shorter distances.
These tips will surely help you in getting the right fishing rod for the requirement. Also, there are many online sites which can help you in getting the coorect one at an affordable price.
Published by Ruby Daub